Top critical review
Just too expensive for me to continue to buy
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 August 2020
I try to be as environmental friendly as I can, so I thought I would give these toilet rolls a try. I bought the pack of 4, and was pleased to see that they came in a paper wrapper. The first time I unwrapped the roll, I was shocked to see just how thin the sheets were (I usually buy quilted), but then to my suprise, they are also incredibly strong, so I used the same amount of sheets as I did with the quilted ones.
I must admit, I was a bit nervous about using this, as I read the review about someone's toilet blocking, and flooding! My toilet doesn't have a very enthusiastic flush, and the day just before the Covid lockdown, my cistern mysteriously lost water, so it's not even flushing as well as it usually does!
I am disabled by chronic illness, and I am unable to manage to keep my house neat, tidy and clean, so besides the obvious environmental benefits, I also boughtthem, as I had read that they don't shed paper fluff, like ordinary rolls. I'm sure there is a paper fluff monster living in my bathroom, as it's permanently covered in a thick layer of fluff!
One thing that is very obvious, is that these rolls are smaller than average rolls, in that the inner cardboard tube is bigger in diameter.
So....I'm coming to the end of my 4-pack now. I did intend on ordering more, but was astonished to realise that the 4 pack roll works out at 75p a roll....even using Subscribe and Save! Even if you buy the 45-roll pack, they work out at nearly 52p a roll!! (As of 23rd Aug 2020). I just can't afford that, so won't be buying any more.
- seemingly environmentally friendly (although I haven't researched this)
- soft, very strong sheets
- apparently they don't shed as much fibre as ordinary toilet rolls
- if you use the inner cardboard roll for craft projects....it is very thick and much sturdier than normal ones
- extremely expensive
- smaller than an average roll
- the bamboo fibres are longer, so not suitable for all toilets
- In 2020 I have noticed that many negative reviews on a whole range of products have mysteriously disappeared from Amazon. Usually the 1, 2, and 3 star reviews. That appears to have happened with this product too, as the 2-star reviews are missing!