Top critical review
Product has some good properties but also many drawbacks.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 10 July 2020
I really tried to like this product, I really did, and whilst it does have its perks, there are just too many drawbacks for me to swap to this completely. To not sound completely negative though I’m going to list the pros and cons of this product as it does have some good aspects.
- Gentle on sensitive skin. Really feels like you’re not even shaving when it glides across your skin. Doesn’t irritate it at all it feels like you’re just running a bar of soap over your legs.
- Leaves skin feeling really moisturised and smooth.
- Moisture bar has a lovely fresh scent.
- Was able to use this on my upper lip without any irritation when I ran out of hair removal cream and needed a quick solution!
- Moisture bar runs out very quickly. I wasn’t surprised by this as looking at the product design and reviews you can tell it won’t last forever. However I didn’t expect it to run out quite so quickly. You can literally only use this for about 2-3 shaves before the moisture bar has worn all the way down and it just becomes a regular razor which is actually quite harsh on the skin.
- The bulky design makes it really hard to shave anywhere other than your legs. It’s quite hard to shave underarms or any more intricate areas with this as the moisture bar is just simply too large for it to reach.
- Bulky moisture bar makes it quite difficult to unclog hair from the razor. It’s possible, but it’s fiddly. Meaning shaving with this takes longer.
- The fact it’s so smooth on your skin means it can be difficult to figure out if you’ve missed any spots as, simply, you don’t really feel the razor. You could probably get used to that and learn how to figure out where you missed, but it would take a few shaves of trail and error.
Overall I wouldn’t say this is a bad product per se. It simply depends what you’re looking for. It’s definitely good for sensitive skin, I’ve struggled with constant razor burn for years and this product didn’t give me that problem, however I wouldn’t say it can be something that replaces your current, all over razor. If you’re prepared to solely use this for your legs, and are prepared to replace the head every 2-3 shaves, then by all means buy this. If not however, this probably isn’t the product for you.