|Product Dimensions||25 x 23 x 2 cm; 700 Grams|
|Item model number||MF01-GB/DBL|
|Minimum Weight Recommendation||15 Kilograms|
|Maximum Weight Recommendation||36 Kilograms|
|Maximum Height Recommendation||150 Centimetres|
|Material composition||Metal, plastics, ethylene vinyl fabric, acetate foam, paper and card|
|Additional product features||10x smaller than a regular child restraint and just as safe|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Style||Mifold - the Grab-and-Go Child Retraint® seat|
|Item Weight||700 g|
mifold Original the Grab-and-Go Child Restraint - Travel Car Booster Seat - Lightweight, Portable, Fits 3-in-Row, Folds for Easy Carrying - Group 2/3 (4-12 Years), Denim Blue
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Installation type||Seat Belt|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||25 x 23 x 2 centimetres|
|Item weight||0.7 Kilograms|
|Maximum Weight Recommendation||36 Kilograms|
|Minimum weight recommendation||15 Kilograms|
About this item
- GROUP 2/3 CAR SEAT: Designed for kids aged 4-12, weighing between 15-36kg and up to 150cm in height
- ADJUSTABLE: Mifold can adjust to securely restrain children of all sizes - the lap belt guides have 3 positions and the Quick-Clip allows fast, easy and accurate adjustment for growing children
- GREAT FOR FAMILIES: Narrow and slim design is ideal for middle seating, FITS 3 IN-A-ROW in most cars
- PADDED SEAT CUSHION: Built using super tough plastic polymers like Delrin 100 ST from Dupont, aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminium and supportive DenseFoam with non-slip FrictionFabric
- COMPACT & TRAVEL-FRIENDLY: Measuring only 24cm x 23cm x 2cm, lighter than a small bottle of water (0.70kg) and easily packed to take with you on holiday, in taxis and rental cars, on school rotas, or days out. Fits into glove compartments and bags
The mifold grab-and-go child restraint is the most advanced, compact, and portable car seat ever invented. With the use of a 3-belt guide, mifold adjusts the adult seat belt to fit the child by keeping the shoulder strap away from the face, neck and abdomen, but correctly positioning it on the collar bone and hip bones instead.
A rigorously crash tested and certified Group 2/3 "Universal" car seat for 4 to 12 year olds (EU R44.04), mifold offers the correct amount of restraint in case of impact, empowering parents and caregivers to put the child's safety first.
A third of children are not sitting safely in car seats when on holiday, in taxis and rental cars, on school rotas, days out with the grandparents/relatives, unexpected journeys and when a third car seat does not fit 3-in-a-row in the back seat.
With this compact and highly portable device, children can easily keep one in their backpack at all times, drivers can keep spares - clutter free, in the car glove compartment and on-the-go parents can fit them easily into their bags or luggage without taking up too much space.
mifold is not a replacement for a child's regular, every day car seat but rather, it is an addition to the current family of car seats for those times when it’s simply inconvenient to carry around a child’s regular car seat.
mifold is for every child, in every car, on every journey, every time!
1 x mifold Grab-and-Go Retraint, Denim Blue
From the manufacturer
WHY USE mifold?
mifold is an advanced, compact & portable backless car seat that combines both convenience & safety and offers compact safety for every adventure.
WHO USES mifold?
• Parents looking for a practical solution when travelling without their regular car seat.
• Grandparents who want to keep their cars clutter free and can't carry big and bulky car seats.
• Relatives and family friends when driving kids occasionally.
• Parents on-the-go for use in cars, taxis, rental cars.
• Parents planning family holidays.
mifold KEY BENEFITS
- 10x smaller than a regular booster seat & just as safe
- Fits 3 in a row, even in the smallest cars
- mifold positions seatbelt correctly for optimum safety
- Can remain with child at all times and carried in their backpacks
- Group 2/3 ‘Universal’ child car seat suitable for children 4 years &up, weighing between 15-36kg.
- Measuring only 24 x23 x 2cm when folded
HOW mifold WORKS?
With the use of a 3-belt guide, mifold Grab-and-Go booster car seat adjusts the adult seat belt to fit the child by keeping the shoulder strap away from the face, neck and abdomen but correctly positioning it on the collar bone and hip bones instead.
Two red lap belt guides hold the lap belt accurately on the hip bones. The shoulder strap and red clip aligns the chest strap with the child’s shoulder.
1. Adjust mifold to fit the child: side arms width and shoulder strap length.
2. Fasten seat belt and insert the lap belt into both the mifold lap belt guides.
3. Clip the mifold shoulder strap onto the chest seatbelt to hold it on the shoulder.
SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
TESTED & APPROVED
The UK version of mifold meets the EU ECE R44.04 safety standard regulation. Group 2/3 ‘Universal’ car seat suitable for kids up to 150cm tall. Tech. Report No. – 120714-16-TAC: E8/C TUV SUD Czech s.r.o: 18/06/2016
FITS IN ANY CAR
mifold can adjust to securely restrain children of all sizes - the lap belt guides have 3 positions and the Quick-Clip allows fast, easy and accurate adjustment for children of all heights.
Measuring only 24cm x 23cm x 2cm when folded, mifold is perfect for those journeys when a child’s everyday car seat is simply not available.
mifold built using super tough materials it is lighter than a small bottle of water (0.70kg) allowing your child to easily keep one with them at all times.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 August 2017
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I do have a few niggles with them though. First, there is nothing to keep the back strap centred on a child's shoulder. This is a bit of a hassle when fitting, but on a few occasions has ended up with the strap falling down and pulling the seatbelt out of position. This may be to do with a squirmy child, but that's children for you.
More annoying is the fact there is nothing to keep the seat flat once unfolded. Because the back strap is connected to your seatbelt, it is naturally pulled up when nobody is sitting on the seat, lifting the back part of the seat, which then bends and rests against the back of the car seat. It is tricky for children to make sure they end up sat on the whole set rather than just the front section with the back part against the bottom of their back. A simple clip to hold the seat flat while open would fix this.
The lap belt also needs to be fed through the red plastic guide at the buckle side, which is again fiddly. This isn't really a problem when putting a child in, but makes getting them out a bit tricky as not all children can easily manage to take the strap out of the guide and they cannot take the seatbelt off until this is done. I am also not 100% sure how safe this would be if a child had to get out of the car in a hurry. It certainly led to a frantic few seconds when my daughter announced she was about to be sick and we couldn't get her seatbelt off having pulled over!
Finally, a really minor point but having had a huge negotiation between the kids over who got which colour (and paying a higher price for certain colours to keep them happy) we realised that once the mi-folds are put in the car you can't see the colour anyway, as it is all on the bottom. Save money and go for whichever is cheapest.
So all in all 10/10 for the idea and the look, but maybe 7/10 for the execution.
By Warbs_l on 7 August 2017
I will start with the Cons:
- too unstable: there is nothing to really anchor it when my kid sits on it- its move all over the place
- is not good for cars with a slight decline in the rear seats as when you place it on the seat it slightly folds back on itself once positioned against the backrest
-it does not look comfortable: the foam feels hard- but i guess if the child doesn't complain...just doesnt feel like I would want my child to sit on it for a long journey
-It would be nice to have a disconnect mechanism which a sensible 7 year old could use so they can disconnect without so much fuss at the end of the journey but similarly a mechanism which is safe for younger children.
- it looks, feels and is packaged like a premium product which is sturdy
- I like the shoulder strap it has a lot of range so you can keep that seat belt away from the neck and face fairly easily
- it is compact as you would expect
In summary- i do not think this device does not tick enough boxes for me to persevere with it and I will be returning it after two uses.
We don’t own a car so when we went to visit friend outside of London and they were going to drive from the station to their house this was a great product to pack in my handbag and head out with.
Unfortunately I brought this in 3 months a go and it has suddenly broken (one of the arms that pulls out to hold the seat belt across the legs has lost the ability to lock in place).
I think it’s just a fault on this product, and I would definitely (if I can get it replaced) try this product again because for the short time it did work it was amazing!
The first time they were used in earnest was to take a taxi ride and I had to set them up very quickly in 2 taxis. They unfolded and expanded quickly and didn't take too much effort to adjust.
At the other end it was a bit more fiddly to get them out if the car. The kids were able to release the buckle themselves but not extract them from the car.
I would have liked a free case because although you can wrap the strap around be it it soon unravels and then just gets in the way. In the end a sandwich bag fitted like a glove and kept everything in place.