Restrictions on prepaid cards
Certain restrictions apply to pre-paid cards.
The following restrictions apply to prepaid Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards:
- Prepaid cards can't be combined with other payment cards on a single order.
- Amazon.co.uk doesn't support entering the three-digit CVV code found on the back of some cards. If the code is required by the issuing bank, payments may not process successfully.
- Some prepaid cards don't support reoccurring billing charges. Contact your bank if you have a problem with your payment method.
- Some banks require you to register prepaid cards with your name and billing address.
- There's a £1 authorisation at the time of order to make sure that the payment method is valid. This authorisation isn't a charge, but banks may hold the authorised funds as unavailable until the authorisation expires.