About Our Returns Policies
Amazon.co.uk, and many Sellers on Amazon.co.uk, offer returns for most items within 30 days of receipt of delivery. You can use this page to learn about our return policies. Most items sold on Amazon.co.uk follow our general return policies, but some products have different policies or requirements associated with them.
- Mistaken Returns
- Statutory Cancellation Right
- Our Voluntary Returns Policy
- Returns Costs & Methods
- Other Statutory Rights
- Defective Items After 30 Days
- Amazon Global Store Items
- Amazon Fresh Store Items
- Amazon Fresh Items
- Amazon Handmade
- Customised Products
- Luxury Stores
- Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards
- Other Specific Items
Defective Items After 30 Days
At Amazon.co.uk we want you to have a positive experience every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items and you have the right to cancel the purchase of most items within 14 days. You also have statutory rights where goods are not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality.
Please ensure you enclose the correct and complete item when making a return. The correct item must be returned to receive a refund.
If you have accidentally sent the wrong item to Amazon, please contact Customer Service as soon as possible as Amazon does not store mistakenly sent items. Amazon cannot guarantee your item will be found and returned, and no compensation is provided for incorrect items sent to Amazon.
Statutory Cancellation Right
You have the statutory right to cancel your order for any reason within 14 days beginning with the day you receive the item (please see clause 2 of our Conditions of Use & Sale for the full instructions on cancellation and further information on your right of cancellation). To exercise your cancellation right please visit our Returns Support Centre.
Our Voluntary Returns Policy
As well as your statutory cancellation rights described above, you can return most products from the Amazon sites to Amazon within 30 days of receipt of the products if the products are in an unused and undamaged condition. To return an item please visit our Returns Support Centre.
Please note that this returns policy doesn't affect your statutory rights and therefore doesn't affect your right of cancellation as described above.
Please note that you must return each item in the same condition in which you received it. This means that new items must be returned unused and undamaged. Used items must not have any additional signs of use or damage.
The same exclusions apply to our Returns Guarantee as for the right of withdrawal. The following products thus cannot be returned under the Returns Guarantee (unless defective):
- Products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed by you after delivery, or which are, after delivery, inseparably mixed with other items;
- Sealed audio or video recordings or of sealed software if unsealed by you after delivery;
- Goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised, especially personalised Amazon Handmade items;
- Goods which may deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- A service, if the supplier has fully performed it and you accepted when you placed your order that the supplier could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started;
- Digital content (including apps, digital software, ebooks, MP3, etc) which is not supplied on a tangible medium (e.g. on a CD or DVD) if you accepted when you placed your order that the supplier could start to deliver it, and that you could not cancel it once delivery had started
- Newspapers, journals or magazines with the exception of subscription contracts;
- Alcoholic beverages whose actual value is dependent on fluctuations in the market which the supplier cannot control
The following table provides an overview of the key provisions of your statutory cancellation right as well as our voluntary returns policy and how they compare to one another:
|Statutory Rights||Amazon Returns Policy (as set out by product category below)|
|Return period||14 days||30 days|
|Refund of costs of sending the item back to us if defective, damaged or incorrect item?||Yes||Yes|
|Refund of costs of sending the item back to us if cancellation?||No||Yes|
|Refund of costs of sending the item back to us if Shoes, Clothing, Handbags, Jewellery & Watches?||No||Yes|
|Refund of original delivery costs if defective?||Yes||Yes|
|Refund of original delivery costs if cancelled?||Yes, cheapest method||Yes, cheapest method|
Returns Costs & Methods
Amazon will refund the cost of sending an item back to us if it was sold or dispatched by Amazon (made-on-demand Collection items from The Drop, that are not defective, damaged or incorrect, are not eligible for free returns. See more information here). In many cases, we’ll provide you with a pre-paid returns label. If the item you purchased is not eligible for Free Return, and you’re using a pre-paid return label, we’ll deduct the cost of the return from your refund. For returns from within the UK, costs start at £3.99. International return costs start at £8.09. Please note that returns that contain multiple items, or large items, may cost more. We offer various returns methods which will differ depending on the item(s) you’re returning. We’ll always display the most accurate return costs and methods available for your item(s) in our Returns Support Centre when you create your label.
You can return items in the following ways:
- Using drop off services at locations that are convenient for you.
- Using Heavy-Bulky return options, handled by a specialty carrier team.
- Using Locker and Amazon Hub Counter locations for small packages.
- Using a scanned QR code at designated return locations to make label-free and package-free returns.
To see which options are available for your return, go to Your Orders.
Please note that certain types of items aren't eligible for cancellation or return under the Amazon returns policy. You can find out more in the Conditions of Use & Sale.
We won't accept the return of any software returned to us if it's been opened. We reserve the right to refuse returns or to charge you our fees and expenses if the product isn't received in new, unopened condition.
If a product becomes defective after 30 days you won't be able to create a returns label using our Returns Support Centre - you'll need to Contact Us. You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website or contact them directly as they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with the issue you have with the product. Please see Manufacturer Contact Details and After Sales Service.
Other Statutory Rights
You have additional rights in relation to incorrect, damaged or defective goods. For more information about these statutory rights, please visit Adviceguide, a Citizens Advice website at http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/. This link is provided to help our customers find out the rights they have where goods are not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality.
If you need to contact us by post, please write to:
Amazon UK Services Ltd 1 Principal Place Worship Street London EC2A 2FA*
This isn't our returns address and returns won't be processed at the above address. If you need to return an item please visit our Returns Support Centre.
*In order to ensure a faster response please visit Customer Service.
Defective Items After 30 Days
Troubleshooting and product support may be available to resolve any issues with your product, as outlined in the Product Support Help page. If your item becomes defective after the Amazon return period, Amazon will repair any defective item. The repair will be completed by the manufacturer or by a third-party repair service provider authorised by the manufacturers to repair their products. If a repair is not possible, we'll send you a replacement, and if a replacement is not available, we will refund the purchase price. Repair is only available for qualifying items sold by Amazon.co.uk or Amazon Warehouse. Amazon does not accept a return after 30 days for consumable products (e.g. batteries, fuses, ink, light bulbs, etc.) or if the defect is due to accidental damage, deliberate damage, caused by external factors, or general wear and tear. For more information go to About Warranty Repairs.
Amazon Global Store Items
Most Amazon Global Store items can be returned within 30 days of receipt of delivery. Please use the online Returns Support Centre. It can take up to 15 - 25 days for an item to be received at our fulfilment centre, and it takes 2 business days from time of receipt for the refund to be processed and 3-5 business days for the refund amount to reflect in your account. For incorrect, defective, or damaged items, you’ll be refunded for original delivery costs, as well any Import Fees Deposit(s) for the returned item(s), once your return is processed.
For most Amazon Global Store items, you will be provided with a pre-paid UPS return label, which allows you to return the item(s) to any UPS drop-off point located across the UK. You can find your most convenient UPS location using the following link: UPS Dropoff Locations
For eligible Global Store orders placed to the Republic of Ireland, you will be provided with a pre-paid An Post return label.
However, please note that not all items are eligible for return to a UPS location and your return label may require you to return the item at your own expense. Amazon will automatically refund up to £20 for return postage costs (for items sold by Amazon US), and up to £15 for return postage costs (for items sold by Amazon EU). If your return shipping costs more than the automated refund amount you receive, please keep a copy of your return postage receipt. For more information on Amazon Global Store please see the Amazon Global Store Terms & Conditions.
Amazon Fresh Stores Items
Items purchased at an Amazon Fresh store are refundable within 30 days of purchase. Please see here for more information.
Amazon Fresh Items
The majority of Amazon Fresh food items aren't returnable, but may be refunded. See About Spilled or Damaged Amazon Fresh Items for information on requesting a refund.
Products sold by Handmade Makers are subject to the standard A-to-z Guarantee policies for Amazon. The exception to this are items that are purchased with optional customization options, other than size and color. See Customised Products for additional details.
Customised products include any products that are configured, personalised, or inscribed; for example, engravings, stamps, monograms, embroidery, embossing, etching, carving or printing. Customised products sold by third-party sellers fall under the A-to-z Guarantee. To file a claim for these items please note the following:
- You must notify the third-party Seller within 14 days of receipt.
- If the item contains personal configuration, inscription, or design on these products, the third-party Seller is not required to accept returns or exchanges unless the products are damaged or defective upon arrival or materially different from what was ordered.
- If there is a misspelling or error in the configuration, inscription, or design due to a mistake by the third-party Seller, you are protected per the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.
- All product packaging (such as boxes) and if applicable; certificates of authenticity and appraisal must be returned with the item. Products missing all their applicable tags are not acceptable for return.
The following information applies to all return-eligible Luxury Stores products, and returns that fail to adhere to these guidelines may be rejected. Luxury Stores orders can be purchased on Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.it or Amazon.es, and can only be shipped to and returned from customers in United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain at this time.
- Luxury Stores products must be returned in a new, unused, and unaltered condition. This includes any attached tags (product tags and security tags), and where applicable, hygiene seals.
- Product packaging and documentation should also be returned with Luxury Stores products. For product documentation, this includes any certificates of authenticity, warranty cards.
- Items must be returned using the return label we provide. If a return label is not provided, then please contact the Luxury Stores Customer Service team at email@example.com.
- If we have concerns with authenticity or the condition of the return, we may provide a longer return processing window to evaluate with the brand owner, and this may impact the timing of any applicable refund.
Removal of personal data
When returning a product for any reason, you must do so in the exact conditions you received it from Amazon. In this respect you must entirely delete, remove and eliminate all personal data pertaining to you and/or any third party which may be possibly present in same item, and must de-latch any account possibly latched to same item. You will be fully responsible for any data breach that may occur if you fail to do so. You must remove from the returned product and from the box containing the returned product any item not pertaining to the returned product as originally received from Amazon. Amazon will not be responsible for any such items erroneously left by you within the returned product or within the box containing the returned product. You agree and accept that the returned product will become Amazon’s property, and that Amazon is therefore entitled to sell it to third parties at Amazon’s full discretion.
Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards
Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards are non-returnable items. However, unused gift cards may be eligible for a refund by contacting Customer Service.
Other Specific Items
Amazon may sell certain products in unsealed boxes (e.g., for HTC and Huawei), as this is how we receive them. When returning these products to Amazon, you have to send them in the same conditions as received by you, without affixing any seal. Should you send us these products in a sealed box you may be held liable for any data breach or other adverse consequences related to such manumission.
For instructions on how to return certain specific items, please see the following links:
If your order was sold and dispatched by a Seller on Amazon Marketplace, you can learn more about Arranging Marketplace Returns and Refunds.
For items containing Hazardous Materials, please see Items containing Hazardous Materials.
For items containing High Value Items, please see the Very High Value Items page.
If you return items in which you've saved personal information, such as laptops, cameras or other electronic devices, you must erase this information completely before sending the product back to us.