Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £11.59
- WHAT'S COVERED: Immediate protection against accidental damage, along with cover for breakdowns and faults not covered by the seller/manufacturer warranty.
- 99% CLAIMS ACCEPTED (avg. Aug-21 to Jul-22): Upon a successful claim, if your product can't be repaired it will either be replaced or we'll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- NO ADDED COSTS: No excess to pay or any charges for postage, parts, labour or callout.
- CANCEL ANYTIME: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms by following the links provided. Cover is for UK residents aged 18 years and over.
Xbox Series S
|RRP:|| £249.99 Details |
This is the retail price by the manufacturer or importer of the product. Amazon confirms the relevance of this RRP, on a quarterly basis, compared to prices charged by at least one competitor or Amazon.
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||£7.00 (3%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Introducing the Xbox Series S, the smallest, sleekest Xbox console ever. Experience the speed and performance of a next-gen all-digital console at an accessible price point.
- Go all-digital and enjoy disc-free, next-gen gaming with the smallest Xbox console ever made.
- Bundle includes: Xbox Series S console, one Xbox Wireless Controller, a high-speed HDMI cable, and power cable
- Experience next-gen speed and performance with the Xbox Velocity Architecture, powered by a custom SSD and integrated software
- Play thousands of digital games from four generations of Xbox with backward compatibility, including optimized titles at launch
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes over 100 high-quality games on console, PC, and Android mobile devices, online multiplayer, and an EA Play membership for one low monthly price (membership sold separately).*
- Batteries : 2 AA batteries required. (included)
- Rated : Unknown
- Product Dimensions : 29 x 12.5 x 36 cm; 3.21 Kilograms
- Release date : 10 Nov. 2020
- ASIN : B08GD9MNZB
- Item model number : RRS-00007
- Country of origin : China
- Best Sellers Rank: 21 in PC & Video Games (See Top 100 in PC & Video Games)
- Customer reviews:
Introducing the Xbox Series S, the smallest, sleekest Xbox console ever. Experience the speed and performance of a next-gen all-digital console at an accessible price point. Get started with an instant library of 100+ high quality games, including all new Xbox Game Studios titles like Halo Infinite the day they release, when you add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (membership sold separately). Seamlessly move between multiple games in a flash with Quick Resume. At the heart of Series S is the Xbox Velocity Architecture, which pairs a custom-SSD with integrated software for faster, streamlined gameplay with significantly reduced load times.*
From the manufacturer
Next-gen performance in the smallest Xbox ever
Go all digital with Xbox Series S and enjoy next-gen gaming at a great value.
Play more, wait less
Make the most of every gaming minute with Quick Resume, lightning-fast load times, and gameplay up to 120 FPS powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture.
Great for entertainment
Stream 4K video on Disney+, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Microsoft Movies & TV, and more.
Thousands of games to play
Enjoy digital games from four generations of Xbox, with hundreds of optimised titles that look and play better than ever.
Xbox Family Settings app
Set screen time, update content restrictions, manage spending, and stay on top of incoming friend requests.
Discover your next favourite game
When you add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (membership sold separately), you get online multiplayer to play with friends and an instant library of 100+ high-quality games, including day one releases from Xbox Game Studios like Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, and Minecraft Dungeons.
Meet the new Xbox Wireless Controller
Experience the modernised Xbox Wireless Controller, designed for enhanced comfort during gameplay. Stay on target with textured grip and seamlessly capture and share content.
Use most of your Xbox One accessories-including controllers, headsets, and more on Xbox Series S.
*Important Information: Use with digital games only; console does not play physical discs.
120 FPS: Requires supported content and display; use on Xbox Series S as content becomes available.
Xbox Game Pass: Game catalogue varies over time (xbox.com/gamepass). See xbox.com/gamepass and ea.com/ ea-play/terms and ea.com/ea-play for details.
4K streaming: with select apps, see xbox.com. Some apps require app provider-specific subscriptions and/or other requirements.
Dolby: Dolby Vision HDR on Xbox requires a compatible display. Dolby Atmos for Headphones requires an additional purchase from Microsoft Store.
Halo Infinite: coming 8th December 2021.
Forza Horizon 5: coming 9th November 2021.
Xbox Family Settings app: Child account must be logged into the Microsoft account with Xbox profile used in the family for settings to apply. Xbox Family Settings app requires iOS 10 or higher or Android 5 or higher.
The EA logo is protected by trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. STAR WARS & TM 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved.
AIRBUS and other Airbus product and service marks are protected trademarks of Airbus. All rights reserved. Officially licensed by Airbus. Cessna names, emblems, body designs, and logos are trademarks and intellectual property of Textron Innovations Inc. and are used under license to Microsoft Corporation. The Cub Crafters names, emblems, body designs and logos are trademarks and intellectual property of Cub Crafters and are used under license to Microsoft Corporation.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 November 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First, the good. This thing is TINY! Check the measurements, out of the box I was surprised at just how small it is. Tiny is good for me because I don't have a lot of space. And considering its size, it's powerful. Sure, not as powerful as its big X brother, or the PS5, or even my PC, but this thing lets me play my old, digitally owned, Xbox games. It also has Game Pass, giving me access to hundreds of Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One games. This is an extra cost, but we'll worth it. I found a deal that gave me a year of Game Pass Ultimate AND EA Play for £50. It's quiet and cool. No fan noise, barely any heat coming from that big black speaker-like vent. It has a 1440p display option, which is great because my PC monitor is 1440p so I have had it on there and things look great, BUT I've also hooked it up to my 4K TV and tried both 4K and 1080p output and both are great. I'm not really bothered about resolution or even FPS to any great degree, as once in game I doubt I'd notice. Everything I've played looks and plays great, I've experienced no problems or issues whatsoever. It's also very quick to boot up and load games thanks to the SSD and I love being able to just go right back to where I left a game rather than having to sit through logos and intros every time.
Now the bad. The big one for me at the moment also applies to the X and it is that there are NO exclusive games. Nothing you can play on these two new consoles at present isn't also available on the Xbox One, and if you buy the S you won't even be getting a graphical upgrade. I'm not a Halo fan, so even knowing that's coming next year doesn't excited me. If you have an Xbox One at the moment, there's really no reason for you to buy one of these. Two is the storage. The S has under 400GB of useable storage and even though I'm playing old games I'm nearly full. Also, this S version has no disc drive so you'll HAVE to either buy digital games - still too expensive in my opinion, on all systems - or invest in Game Pass. There's no optical out so if your TV speakers suck I'd suggest getting some decent headphones. The controller STILL isn't rechargeable. I've bought some rechargeable batteries, but you do get a LOT of play time from one pair.
All in all I reckon the S is a great option for diving into Game Pass and playing older games, maybe as a second console if you mainly game on another platform. It's a tidy, tiny, sleek, bargain box of tricks, but it won't give you a full on next gen experience. Time will tell how it stands up - will future, more demanding games perform like garbage on this? Hopefully not, but at this price you'll have had more than your money's worth by then anyway!
By marco on 17 November 2020