|Product Dimensions||37 x 17 x 3.5 cm; 200 Grams|
|Manufacturer recommended age||14 years and up|
|Item model number||70044|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Maximum Weight||1100 Grams|
|Number of Game Players||1|
|Number of pieces||348|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Radio Control Suitability||Indoor|
|Release date||1 Jan. 2020|
UGears U-9 Grand Prix Car Wooden Model (DIY Building Kit) Hand-Crank Powered Vehicle w/ Working Pistons, Wheels, Shocks | Functional, Authentic Racing Design
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Number of pieces||348|
|Age range (description)||Adults|
|Puzzle type||Sequential Movement|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||37 x 17 x 3.5 centimetres|
|Package type||Standard Packaging|
About this item
- Authentic Grand Prix racing car - With this model car kit you can build a vintage racing machine yourself based on the legendary Grand Prix design of the golden age of the car
- Beautiful design - Each hand crank operated wooden car model has work pistons, shock absorber springs and even a rear boot
- Beginner DIY Kit - Complete with 384 elaborately designed components, any scale car model of adults or children can be assembled with the ability to follow instructions
- MULTI SPEED MODES - Each UGEARS racing car model has an exciting feature: the gearbox can easily switch between idle, reverse and racing modes
- Ugears DIY models are made from laser-cut plywood. The models can be easily assembled without glue or additional tools. Our step-by-step guide will help you build this model
Not suitable for children under 3 years
What's in the box?
Watch the Grand Prix racing car power down the road in iconic style!
The thrill of speed, roar of engines, wheel to wheel battles and shiny frames flashing before the eyes of wildly excited audience of the early car races – it’s all there, in UGEARS’ fascinating U-9 Grand Prix Car based on iconic designs of the Golden Age of the automobile industry at the beginning of the XX century.
Everything you need for this fun DIY project comes right in the box: no extra tools or glue required. Building this mechanical model can take about 10 hours. We’ve included illustrated instructions in 11 languages to make assembly easier and faster.
Let the Race Begin!
Multiple Engine Modes
Model U-9 recreates the magnificent and imposing appearance of Grand Prix winner models from drive shaft to spare wheel. Under the hood of this new model you will find a V8 engine equipped with a powerful fan and 16 fully functioning valves. To wind it up just use the hand crank in its front. Your new vehicle has a link rod and a transmission switching the modes between idle, reverse, and race ahead, baby!
- Model Size: 13.8*3.7*5.1 in (35*9.5*13 cm)
- Package size: 14.6*6.7*1.1 in (37*17*2.7 cm)
- Number of Components: 384
- Estimated Assembly Time: 6-7 Hours
- Level: Medium
Once assembled, our DIY kits for adults become beautiful home or office décor. Building Ugears models is a great way to learn basic principles of science and engineering.
Complete with 384 intricately-designed pieces, each scale car model can be put together by adults or kids with the ability to follow directions. Far more exciting and original than your average metal or plastic model car you put together with glue, these DIY wood racing cars recreate vintage racers with all the details you'll love!
U-9 Grand Prix racing car model building is not only challenging, but it’s also extremely rewarding. Give your loved ones the opportunity to handcraft this mechanical masterpiece.
Get your U-9 Grand Prix racing car and let the race begin!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 9 May 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Lining up another for my birthday but.... which one?
Okay just a little tip. I finally finished the car but it refused to run properly. There are many gears in the drive mechanism and I couldn't see what was jamming. Happened upon the last 10 minutes of a 5 hour build video on YouTube and the problem seems to be the fan that sits between the radiator and the engine. I removed it and it worked so a bit of fettling should should sort it out.
This model is more of a display piece when finished. They look great, however the elastic bands on mine are beginning to perish and disintegrate.
1. It is difficult to get a lot of the parts out of the pre-cut sections - is seems that many of them are not fully cut through. This resulted in a few of them breaking.
2. It is grossly over engineered - so much so that it stops the car from functioning. I was very careful putting this together and tested every part to make sure it was working properly before moving on to the next step. Despite this the parts bind up and stop working the more you put it together - too many moving parts in my view make it bind up and does not work.
3. Instruction are poor - often very vague and difficult to understand. I literally spent over half an hour trying to figure out how to put one piece of elastic ban on because the instructions as so vague.
4. Many of the pares are flimsy - once you manage to get them out of the pre-cut section. They are also often a very tight fit which means you have to put pressure on to get them in. This resulted in some of them breaking.
5. The model says no glue required. Due to the issues described above you will definitely need super-glue to fix the parts that break!
I will never buy another one of these models and I would not advise anyone to buy one - they are far to complex and over-engineered to the extent that no matter how careful you are the end product does not work. On top of that they are too flimsy and break either taking then out of the pre-cut 'slabs' or trying to get them into very tight sections of the model.
Anyway, treat this kit like a 300+ piece 3D-Puzzle and you'll have a blast building it. Don't expect to win any races with it though.
Instructions are clear and the model design is accurate for assembly without any problems, designers even have marked areas of caution in the plans. Of course age ranges vary greatly as an experienced model maker or 12 could do this one rated as 15. But it is an advanced model and not quick toy.
Allow quite a few hours for construction as the pressing out of parts and a little sanding smooth will give a great result.
I'll definately get another.
Tip ..... take time with the pieces and press together carefully. I had no breaks but rushing wouldnt be smart.