Other Sellers on Amazon
Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch)
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Mario embarks on a new journey through the unknown, running and jumping through huge 3D worlds in the first sandbox-style Mario game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine
- Find something interesting Toss your cap at it and see what happens! There are lots of fun and surprising ways to interact with your surroundings
- Compatible with the Nintendo Switch only
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Rated : To Be Announced
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 17 x 10.5 x 1.1 cm; 50 Grams
- Release date : 27 Oct. 2017
- ASIN : B01MUA0D2A
- Item model number : 1014272
- Country of origin : Japan
- Best Sellers Rank: 65 in PC & Video Games (See Top 100 in PC & Video Games)
- 16 in Nintendo Switch Games
- Customer reviews:
Join Mario on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure and use his incredible abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowser's wedding plans. This 3D Mario adventure is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario's moves like cap throw, cap jump, and capture, you'll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you've enjoyed in a Mario game before. Get ready to be whisked away to strange and amazing places far from the Mushroom Kingdom. Explore huge 3D kingdoms filled with secrets and surprises, including costumes for Mario and lots of ways to interact with the diverse environments - such as cruising around them in vehicles that incorporate the HD rumble feature of the Joy-Con controller or exploring sections as Pixel Mario. Thanks to his friend, Cappy, Mario has moves for you to master, like cap throw, cap jump and capture. With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies. Visit astonishing locales, like skyscraper-packed Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser's clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
1 Game Cartridge
From the manufacturer
Embark on a cap-tivating, globe-trotting adventure!
Join Mario on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure and use his incredible new abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s wedding plans!
This 3D Mario adventure is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario’s new moves like Cap Throw, Cap Jump, and Capture, you’ll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you’ve enjoyed in a Mario game before. Get ready to be whisked away to strange and amazing places far from the Mushroom Kingdom!
Mario embarks on a new journey through the unknown, running and jumping through huge 3D worlds in the first sandbox-style Mario game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine!
Jump out of the Mushroom Kingdom on a journey through mysterious places and new experiences whilst sailing between worlds aboard an airship.
Find something interesting? Toss your cap at it and see what happens! There are lots of fun and surprising ways to interact with your surroundings!
Discover all of Mario's Capture Actions!
New titles added every month!
- Donkey Kong
- Double Dragon
- Ice Hockey
- Kirby's Adventure
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- The Legend of Zelda
- Yoshi and more!
Nintendo Switch Online (sold separately)
Enhance your gaming experience!
Nintendo Switch Online is an affordable, multi-featured paid membership service that lets users enjoy co-operative and competitive online gaming, Save Data Cloud Backup for compatible games, a growing library of NES games and more!
- Online Play - Dive into co-operative and competitive games online
- Nintendo Entertainment System - Play a growing library of classic games with added online features
- Save Data Cloud - Securely and automatically back up your game data online
- Smartphone app - Connect with friends via the dedicated smartphone and tablet app
- Exclusive offers for members - Enjoy offers that are only available to members
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 July 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The game is phenomenal I have to say. I’m a mature gamer and this is certainly one of the best games I have ever played.
It reminds me of the first kind of gaming joy I had playing Mario 64 when that was first released.
The variety of gameplay is very cool, it looks and sounds fantastic.
Its just a fun game to play… young or old will appreciate it.
If you have ever liked Super Mario before, this is the game for you.
That said it’s relatively low on frustration and has the same tried and tested quirky, saccharine charms Nintendo has been pedalling successfully for decades. The Mario 64 style exploration here is relaxing and bug free but certainly not offering any innovation. Boredom may set in as bosses are recycled and this quintessentially Japanese sytle of game design which often leans heavily on repetition and pattern recognition can become tiresome when you have experienced it for decades. Fun...in an old fashioned kind of a way.
It is charming, fun and rewarding. It focuses a bit less on the platforming side, which actually is a good thing. There is so much exploration in it, in a similar way to Breath of the Wild the game wants you to play around.
My daughter loves it too, she is 7 which is more or less the age I was when Mario 64 came out. The game has captured her heart in the same way.
Still though, if you're going to buy one game for the Switch only. It's Zelda ;)
This game pushes the genre into a new territory and anyone that likes games will just fall in love with it
It is a must buy for any Nintendo Switch owner and is definitely a system seller!