Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in this Smart Security Camera Installation - Non Wired?
- Mounting up to 2 customer-supplied cameras within 3m of ground level
- Remote viewing and central recording setup if functionality allows
- Setting up app (if relevant) on up to 2 devices and testing
- Customer must ensure wifi strength is good near site of device and have wifi key available
- Cabling and connections to be provided by the Customer, additional charges apply for further parts
- This service may need to be rearranged if adverse weather is forecast to ensure your system is installed correctly and safely
What do I need to do before the Service appointment?
You will need: Compatible mobile devices (max of 2) which you would like to connect to your security system, Wifi password and, good wifi strength with suggested internet speed of 4mbps download and 0.5mbps upload. Make sure that space is clear for the technician to move around easily. You will also need to have all the cabelling provided with the product. If further parts or cabelling are required additional charges may apply.
What if I have additional compatible items to install at the same time?
Your tech may be able to connect more equipment, however there will be an additional charge for this which can be agreed with the technician on the day or prior to the appointment. Please ensure you let your provider know how many and which additional items you need installed 48 hours prior to the start of your appointment.
Is there a height restriction?
Your tech can install products up to 3m from ground level. Installations over this height require you to inform your provider at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment and agree on the associated additional charges.
Does this include hard wiring?
No, this does not include hard wiring the product. If you need your security camera wired, Visit here for wired camera installation service. Some non wired products may require a power outlet available within 3 meters of the installation location. Installation of new power outlets are not included in this service.