Follow the author
Skills in Person-Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy Third Edition (Skills in Counselling & Psychotherapy Series) Paperback – 29 Nov. 2016
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
This bestselling classic has guided thousands of students and practitioners step-by-step through the skills and theory of the person-centred approach. Fully updated, this Third Edition includes numerous new exercises and case studies, a thoroughly-revised chapter on recent debates and developments, as well as two important new chapters on:
· Politics, Prejudice, Power and Privilege
· Client Perception
It remains an essential introduction for those beginning their training as well as more experienced practitioners keen to expand their range.
Special offers and product promotions
- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off a selection of books. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The new edition of Skills in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy provides an invaluable introduction to the skills and awareness that are necessary in order to provide an effective helping relationship to individuals struggling to overcome problems in living. Janet Tolan clearly explains key concepts using vivid examples drawn from extensive professional experience. This book is essential reading for anyone setting out to become a counsellor or psychotherapist, or embarking on a career in social work, teaching or healthcare.-- John McLeod
This revised edition of a classic in person-centred therapy combines both an accessible introduction to becoming a practitioner, and an up to date, socially situated, and academically rigorous essential guide.
It is rare to find a single volume that allows beginning students to reflect on their own experience, while remaining academically and theoretically rigorous. A genuine must have for any serious student.
The reader can expect to be fully engaged with the ideas offered in the new chapter. This book is an essential read for any new therapist.
-- Carol Wolter-Gustafson
This book is a wonderful resource, very well written, up to date and comprehensively researched. A ′must′ for every person-centred course reading list.
-- Anja Rutten
From the Back Cover
- Publisher : SAGE Publications Ltd; Third edition (29 Nov. 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 248 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1473926599
- ISBN-13 : 978-1473926592
- Dimensions : 16.76 x 1.52 x 23.88 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 31,376 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews: