Follow the author
Research Methods for Business Students Paperback – 14 Sept. 2018
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
From the first steps into your research to the successful completion of your project report, this textbook is the ultimate guide for students in Business and Management.
Research Methods for Business Students, 8th edition by Saunders, Lewis, and Thornhill, is the definitive textbook for students conducting a research-led project or dissertation.
This market-leading text has sold over 400.000 copies so far and provides excellent coverage on the entire process. From choosing your topic and critically reviewing the literature to designing, writing, and presenting your research, this latest edition is structured to guide you through the whole methodology, answering key questions such as:
- How do I choose my topic and design the research?
- How do I collect and analyse my data?
- When and what do I need to write?
With the 8th edition, you will discover, among others:
- Chapters fully updated, incorporating visual methods throughout the text, along with detailed insights on the methodology of drafting your critical literature review.
- Successful methods of observation research, collecting data using diaries, online survey tools, audio recordings, and visual images.
- Ways to prepare and present an academic poster.
- New cases that use up-to-date scenarios at the end of each chapter.
- Boxed examples of research methods in the news.
- A glossary of clear definitions for over 700 research-related terms.
- Practical guidance and opportunities to check your learning and self-reflect, enabling you to progress your own research.
- Teach-yourself guides to research software practice data sets.
This comprehensive textbook offers a thorough analysis of the research design and process from a technical and methodological point of view, guiding you through the ways and techniques to successfully complete and present your work.
This edition is also available in Revel.
Revel is Pearson's newest way of delivering respected content. Fully digital and highly engaging, Revel replaces the textbook and gives you everything you need for the course. Informed by extensive research on how people read, think, and learn, Revel is an interactive learning environment that enables you to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience ― for less than the cost of a traditional textbook.
Pearson, the world's learning company.
Special offers and product promotions
- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off a selection of books. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
philosophical, methodological and ethical aspects of conducting business and management research. Illustrative case studies drawing on published research studies are used throughout and readers are given multiple opportunities to consolidate their learning through review and discussion questions, quizzes, and other exercises. At the end of each chapter a case study takes the reader through the realities and practicalities of applying the knowledge to a specific student research project. This will be an invaluable guide for all students seeking to understand and undertake business and management research.”
Professor Natasha Mauthner, Newcastle University
With over 400,000 copies sold, Research Methods for Business Students, is the definitive and market-leading textbook for Business and Management students conducting a research-led project or dissertation. The fully revised 8th edition answers key questions such as:
How do I choose my topic and design the research?
Why is research philosophy relevant to my research?
How do I collect and analyse my data?
When and what do I need to write?
With the 8th edition you will discover:
ü Fully updated chapters incorporating visual methods throughout, detailed insights on drafting the critical literature review, the latest EU data protection regulations, using audio recordings and visual images in observation research, collecting data using diaries, the use of online survey tools, and preparing and presenting an academic poster
ü New cases using up-to-date scenarios at the end of each chapter
ü Boxed examples throughout of research methods in the news, from student research and in published management research
ü A glossary of clear definitions of over 700 research-related terms
ü Practical guidance and opportunities for checking your learning and self-reflection to enable you to progress your own research
ü Detailed chapters on choosing your topic, critically reviewing the literature, understanding philosophies, research design, access and ethics, secondary data, data collection methods and analysis techniques and writing about and presenting your research
ü Teach yourself guides to research software available at www.pearsoned.co.uk/saunders with practice data sets
About the authors
Mark NK Saunders is Professor of Business Research Methods and Director of Postgraduate Research Programmes at Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham. Philip Lewis was a Principal Lecturer and Adrian Thornhill was a Head of Department, both at the University of Gloucestershire.
About the Author
Mark NK Saunders is Professor of Business Research Methods and Director of Postgraduate Research Programmes at Birmingham Business School, University of Birmingham.
Philip Lewis was a Principal Lecturer at the University of Gloucestershire.
Adrian Thornhill was a Head of Department at the University of Gloucestershire.
- Publisher : Pearson; 8th edition (14 Sept. 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 872 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1292208783
- ISBN-13 : 978-1292208787
- Dimensions : 19.5 x 3 x 26.5 cm
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For the novice researchers, it is an excellent book to help you navigate the unique language of Buisness research!