Follow the author
Read Write Inc. Phonics: Home More Phonics Flashcards (Read Write Inc. Home) Cards – 3 Jan. 2008
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
- The starting point of Ruth Miskin's popular Read Write Inc phonic teaching programme
- Speed Sound Flashcards introduce the sounds and the corresponding graphemes (letters), to enable children to decode words easily so they are ready to read the storybooks.
- Follows on from Read Write Inc Flashcards Set 1
- Introduce the sounds and corresponding letters with pictures and short phrases to help children remember the sound
- Guidance for parents to practice the Speed Sounds with their child is offered throughout
Special offers and product promotions
- Buy at least 4 items of your choice and save 5%. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Shop items
From the Publisher
Read Write Inc.
Developed by Ruth Miskin, Read Write Inc. provides a structured and systematic whole-school approach to teaching literacy.
More from Read Write Inc.
Read Write Inc. Phonics Flashcards offer a fun way to introduce the letters and sounds that make up words, using the 'Speed Sounds'. With parent notes offering guidance, these cards are the ideal way to support your child's first steps in learning to read.
This beanie toy can be used flexibly as part of the Read Write Inc. Phonics programme to help introduce children to letters, sounds and words in a fun, dynamic and fast-paced way.
Support your child's learning at home with Read Write Inc. Parent Kits. Three kits are available and include a handbook, flashcards, handwriting practice and lots of reading resources.
- Publisher : Oxford University Press (3 Jan. 2008)
- Language : English
- Cards : 72 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0198386818
- ISBN-13 : 978-0198386810
- Reading age : 4 - 5 years, from customers
- Dimensions : 8.8 x 3 x 13.2 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 930 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The cards are very similar to the teacher packs but in addition give you the instructions on how to use them and the 'green words' are also printed in sets as opposed to separate cards that we have in school.
Really good piece of kit to teach your child phonics but dont move onto these until they are secure in the set 1 sounds which are the full alphabet and ch,th,sh,qu,ng,nk.
By V on 11 January 2021
I would sit with my daughter for 5-10 mins after school and i would say the sound and turn the card over and she would readt the word. She now reads both sides herself.
My 5 year old (one of the summer babies so youngest in class) was struggling slightly with her reading. She seemed to be unable to remember her phonics to sound out words. Im absolutely amazed how quickly it has improved her reading.
What have you got to lose in buying these, a few £'s is amazing price to improve your childs reading.
Explaining how to blend phonics to read say 'Fire' is not a walk in the park fro a 4 year old.
It is important that when using this product that you have a basic understanding of the sounds and rhymes, special friends, sayings that go with how to write each letter.
This is a step up from jolly phonics and seems like a very good system. I would recommend this product.
By Liliana M on 30 January 2020