Follow the author
RHS Complete Gardener's Manual: The one-stop guide to plan, sow, plant, and grow your garden Hardcover – 1 Oct. 2020
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
A one-stop treasure trove from the experts at RHS that covers every aspect of gardening!
Dreaming of having the perfect garden? Does it have a vegetable patch? Classic borders or flowers to attract wildlife? A picturesque garden for all to marvel at is achievable with this gardening guide giving you the vital tools to achieve whatever you desire for your dream garden.
Delve into this concise and practical guide to find all the gardening ideas and advice you need to create a spectacular, thriving garden. Here's what you'll find inside:
- A comprehensive guide covering everything from growing in containers to planting a garden from scratch
- Fully illustrated with detailed step-by-steps and inspirational gardening ideas
- Detailed beginner's guide to garden design, including step-by-step instructions for simple hard landscaping such as building a raised bed, creating a pond, or laying a patio
- Covers all aspects of planting styles, including "recipes" to make the most of different types of plants
- Easy-to-follow guides on how to water, feed, prune and propagate your garden
- Advice on problem-solving and controlling weeds and pests
- A chapter full of Plant Chooser galleries to help you grow the right plant in the right place at the right time
Learn how to plan, sow, plant, and protect your garden throughout the year with expert tips and techniques that will see your garden flourish. Discover how to design with plants by using colour and texture to create inspirational displays, and keep them at their best with jargon-free guides to pruning and preventing pests and diseases.
Undertake a new endeavour of DIY landscaping projects, which include laying your own patio or lawn, or building a raised bed ready for you to grow your own fruit and vegetables. Choose from a catalogue of hundreds of different ornamental plants to find varieties that will thrive in your garden's climate and provide seasonal interest throughout the year.
The Complete Gardener's Manual is the perfect all-around practical book for gardening beginners, also for those looking for a step up from a beginners' gardening book.
From the Publisher
|RHS Complete Gardener's Manual||RHS Encyclopedia Of Plants and Flowers||RHS Gardening Through the Year||RHS How To Garden When You're New To Gardening|
|What's it about?||A comprehensive guide covering everything from growing in containers to planting a garden from scratch.||A best-selling reference featuring more than 8,000 garden plants and 4,000 photographs.||This book takes you systematically through the year, each chapter looking in-depth at one month at a time.||Shows you the basics you need to get your green space under control and keep it that way, as well as lots of garden ideas.|
|Skill level||Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced||Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced||Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced||Beginner|
|Pages||448 pages||744 pages||352 pages||256 pages|
About the Author
- Publisher : DK (1 Oct. 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 024143243X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0241432433
- Dimensions : 20.3 x 4 x 24 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 1,201 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 May 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I thought people weren't allowed to smoke in work can.
The driver had restricted English language.
IT GOES THROUGH ALL THE SEASONS, AND WHAT TO DO.
It is both comprehensive and clearly written. It avoids the common error in many manuals (of whatever topic) of either assuming the reader has a lot of knowledge already, or alternatively, going into huge forensic detail.
It has the right balance between information and being quick and easy to access.
The index is very useful. The photographs and illustrations are excellent too.
Highly recommended - both for plenty of useful information and suggestions as well as inspiration. Money well spent in my view (and will save me money).
My brother is an avid gardener so I bought him this as a Christmas present - he absolutely loves it!
By Luke Ravenscroft on 2 May 2022