Follow the author
Psychodynamic Counselling in a Nutshell Paperback – 30 May 2018
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
Susan Howard explains in a clear, jargon-free style, the concepts at the heart of the psychodynamic approach, and, drawing on case material, describes the therapeutic practice which rests on those ideas. Assuming no previous knowledge of the subject, the book introduces:
- the history of the approach
- main key concepts
- practical techniques used by practitioners
In the first chapter, you are introduced to a client, Layla, whose case you′ll revisit throughout the book, helping you connect theory and practice. This edition also includes new material on working with diversity and difference, neuroscience and extended discussion on ethics.
Students studying Psychodynamic Counselling will find this third edition absorbing, essential reading. The introduction of case material provides a thread throughout the text and the extra chapters exploring neuroscience and research are useful and vital inclusions. Social work colleagues and other professionals will appreciate the clear explanation of basic concepts.
-- Pam Firth
From the Back Cover
- ASIN : 1526438666
- Publisher : SAGE Publications Ltd; Third Edition (Updated Edition) (30 May 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 160 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781526438669
- ISBN-13 : 978-1526438669
- Dimensions : 10.8 x 0.89 x 17.78 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 89,837 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I think this collection was an amazing idea.
Definitely the best handbook for beginners.
It is clear and readable. Where technical language is used, it is explained well.
For a book of only 160 pages, it is an impressive overview.