Follow the author
Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (Electrical Regulations) Paperback – 21 Oct. 2020
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
This is the 5th edition of the IET's Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
This Code of Practice provides guidance on in-service inspection and testing to determine whether electrical equipment is safe for continued use. Duty-holders are required by law to consider the risks associated with the use of electrical equipment. The Code underpins the need to conduct inspection and testing of electrical equipment by considering the risks the equipment is exposed to and the environment it is used in, in addition to the skill level of the user. It applies to all workplaces and also some types of rented accommodation.
This 5th Edition reinforces the necessity to establish and conduct appropriate safety checks, taking into account current working practices and legal requirements.
Among some of the changes in this edition are:
- the requirements for electrical safety management
- guidance on how to conduct a risk assessment
- testing needed to ensure safety in continued use
- changes to acceptable test result limits and a new hierarchy of tests
- inclusion of ES1 and ES2 to reflect the changes to product standards
- guidance on the new product classifications
- updated standard references
- revised model forms.
The core purpose of this Code of Practice is to help achieve high standards of electrical safety and it is recommended reading for all duty-holders responsible for the management of electrical equipment.
- Publisher : Institution of Engineering and Technology; 5th edition (21 Oct. 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 136 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1785619667
- ISBN-13 : 978-1785619663
- Dimensions : 20.57 x 1.02 x 29.46 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 10,186 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 27 March 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It is well written. clear type. Has good illustrations and well laid out for reference.
IF you need it then just buy it. First job will pay for it.
So I have to fork out nearly £50 of my own pension to buy a reference like this (which has about 5% of useful content)
By Rob Chetwood on 27 March 2021