Other Sellers on Amazon
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5)
|RRP:|| £69.99 Details |
This is the retail price by the manufacturer or importer of the product. Amazon confirms the relevance of this RRP, on a quarterly basis, compared to prices charged by at least one competitor or Amazon.
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||£34.99 (50%)|
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Brave an expansive open world - discover distant lands, new enemies, rich cultures and striking characters.
- A majestic frontier - explore the lush forests, sunken cities and towering mountains of a far-future America.
- Confront new dangers - engage in strategic battles against enormous machines and mounted human enemies by using weapons, gear and traps crafted from salvaged parts.
- Unravel startling mysteries - uncover the secret behind Earth's imminent collapse and unlock a hidden chapter in the ancient past… one that will change Aloy forever.
- Fast-travel across the map and get back into the game almost instantly with the PlayStation 5 console's ultra-high-speed SSD and fast load times.
- Experience the vast world of Horizon Forbidden West in stunning 4K and HDR.** From mountain tops to small sprigs of leaves, everything is realized to incredible detail at an enormous scale. Targeting 60FPS, Performance Mode further enhances smoothness of movement, animations and controls.
- Get closer to each fight Aloy takes on with the DualSense wireless controller's haptic feedback. Feel the sensation of blades of grass you brush past when making a stealth approach, melee swipes you make against machines and armoured humans, and the directional impact from enemy attacks when you attempt to evade.
- Rated : Ages 16 and Over
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 13.5 x 1.5 x 17.2 cm; 80 Grams
- Release date : 18 Feb. 2022
- ASIN : B09FBCRKC9
- Item model number : 9720690
- Country of origin : Austria
- Customer reviews:
Join Aloy as she braves the Forbidden West - a majestic but dangerous frontier that conceals mysterious new threats. Explore distant lands, fight bigger and more awe-inspiring machines, and encounter astonishing new tribes as you return to the far-future, post-apocalyptic world of Horizon. The land is dying. Vicious storms and an unstoppable blight ravage the scattered remnants of humanity, while fearsome new machines prowl their borders. Life on Earth is hurtling towards another extinction, and no one knows why. It's up to Aloy to uncover the secrets behind these threats and restore order and balance to the world. Along the way, she must reunite with old friends, forge alliances with warring new factions and unravel the legacy of the ancient past - all the while trying to stay one step ahead of a seemingly undefeatable new enemy. Pre-order to receive these digital bonuses*: Nora Legacy outfit Nora Legacy Spear *Account for PlayStationNetwork, and internet connection required for code redemption.
Horizon Forbidden West Disc
From the manufacturer
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 19 February 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This isn't as good as the original. I'm about 10 hours in. I've got past the must do activities and now I'm in the Forbidden West proper. And somehow I don't really care. The graphics are probably better than on the PS4 but not in any meaningful way. There's more detail and more leaves, dust and bugs in the air but nothing that adds to the game play. The cut scenes - of which there are many and they are often long - are beautiful but so what? I don't buy games to watch very high quality mini-films. The game play feels clunky and a bit awkward. Compared to AC Valhalla it feels very dated. The hand-to-hand combat in particular feels weird. During one must-win-to-progress fight the 'champion' eventually just stood still while I beat him up! And it's buggy. I've been stuck in the undergrowth twice. Machines have been able to put their heads through 'solid' objects. I don't remember any of these problems with the original - which I played through twice. Finally there's no build in the 'plot', it just doesn't pull you in to the game.
And one final thing ... when are we going to get a true PS5 game, not just a PS4 game with updated graphics? Yes the PS5 is bigger, faster and so on, but at the moment it just feels like a supped-up PS4.
Overall I would recommend waiting for the price to drop - a lot. Definitely not worth £70 or anything close.
Update: lost 10 levels due to a save fail. Really weird because it took me back a couple of days, not to the last session, and not to the last quick save. Known bug? I've stopped playing the game.
- For example, in a boss battle by the time you've scanned the boss machine, found it's weakness and if it has a chain reaction you've lost, most of your health.
- You can not dodge many incoming attacks/missiles as the dodge doesn't work most of the time due to the huge splash radius of enemy weapons and the speed in which they can move relative to your movements.
- Their projectiles can track you as you move so again you can not dodge them whereas your arrows/spears etc track in a straight line.
- When being attacked but multiple enemies each one will shoot/hit/roll over you and you fall to the ground groaning unable to do anything, this continually happens until you die. You are unable to perform any counter manoeuvre or dodge. Annoying.
- Sometimes Aloy (your character) can climb with ease but then will fail to make a simple jump or will remain stationary regardless of how many times you push the jump button.
- A lot of the puzzles are tedious and boring, they're more a search for the obscure thing you have to do in order to complete something that should be simple. Like having to push a tree over in order to complete a mission but the tree is nowhere near your final objective. It's just tedious.
Being a fan of Horizon - New Dawn this one version been a big disappointment . As I said at the start, great scenery but rubbish game. If you're thinking about getting it don't pay the price now £69.99 but wait until it's on sale for about £20. Then you won't be dissapointed.
Definitely worth a pickup for any RPG fan, but especially for fans of the first game!
There's no point reviewing Amazon's delivery service, the high winds in the South of the UK meant that all shipments for 18th Feb were delayed, so I did received this game on the 19th, despite the tracking not working. For obvious reasons, I will forgive Amazon completely for this as they have no control over the weather, and I am very grateful I managed to receive the game on the following day despite there still being fairly high winds all weekend.