Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil (Cocoa Butter Fragrance) 150ml
What is Premium Beauty?
Amazon presents a wide selection of high-end Beauty products for women and men and marks them with the Premium Beauty badge. Many products with the Premium Beauty badge are also used by professionals in salons and spas but are designed and available for home use. Amazon adds new Beauty and Grooming products constantly to offer you the best selection of Premium Beauty items.
|Item volume||151 Millilitres|
|Scent||Cocoa Butter, Argan Oil|
|Age range (description)||Adult|
|Is mould resistant||Phthalate Free|
|Product benefits||Dry Skin, Stretch Marks & Scarring, Palmers has you covered|
|Fixture features||Moisturising;hypoallergenic;dermatologist tested|
|Country/region of origin||United States|
|Recommended uses for product||Dryness|
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 10.16 x 15.24 x 20.32 cm; 145.15 Grams
- Date First Available : 7 Dec. 2010
- Manufacturer : ET Browne Drug Co., Inc.
- ASIN : B001KYU1H2
- Item model number : 4153-6
- Customer reviews:
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 December 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Gabriel on 2 December 2018
Apply a small drop to the face then leave to sink in for 10mins or more, then appy your make up. Doesn't cake or move my makeup around at all and once set, stays in place all day with that dewy look.
Love love love
I have been using this for a long time and can’t rate it high enough. Having a medical condition that has resulted in multiple ops & so multiple scars plus 3 kids ( = the ‘joy’ of stretch marks) too: I was desperate for something to stop me looking like a map of the London Underground and this has been perfect.
About the oil
The oil it’s self is lovely and light. The bottle is quite small but a little goes a long way - far more than standard base oils. Although I wish it was available in bigger sizes I get round this by Amazon’s multi buy deals as they come up.
The aromas with this version is lovely and unlike most coconut based/scented products, it doesn’t leave you smelling like a ‘Bounty Bar’! There is a rose hip scented version too,although personally, i dislike it.
It’s has a lovely feel to it & once on your skin it doesn’t make you feel like you have a smeared layer of lard over you (unlike many raw coconut or petroleum jelly based balms & oils)!!
Your skin absorbs it so quickly and greedily you would think you have never moisturised it before! I believe there is another version specifically for facial use but used sparely, I have found this version excellent even on my face and would not buy another kind.
I now use this oil at least twice a day, everyday, and not just for scars anymore ( see below)
I find it works best immediately after a shower/wash on wet skin as seems to lock the water in.
NB It’s doesn’t work miracles - don’t expect scars/marks to disappear!
What it does it :-
- make your skin supple , reduces redness and inflammation of causes , soothes soreness caused by anything from abrasions to excema.
- Used on scars and stretch marks it reduced the severity of both & aids healing and impact of existing ones.
- I used it before and after pregnancy which was relaxing and the babies enjoyed being massaged through my tum! I only discover it o on my 2nd pregnant and was I had know about it soon as it helped prevent stretch marks and really aided the ones that did occur, making them them feel and very quickly, look better (which has been commented on by friends)
- When bread feeding, I used them on my breasts before , during & after and I believe it helped retain their shape and reduced the post breastfeed sag! I also found it helped prevent and/or soothe soreness at the beginning of breastfeeding, particularly if mixed with calandula cream between feeds.
- NB Obviously please check with your l doctor or midwife that’s it’s safe for you as I am neither!
As I have dry skin, I dab a very small amount over my makeup when finished which doesn’t effect cover . This gives me a slightly dewy look (as with dry skin matt products just make me look 5 years older.) It also stops makeup ‘clumping’ or flaking around dry areas around my nose. It’s incredibly light and doesn’t make your skin greasy at all. I use Dove ‘Derma Spa Summer Revived’ at night for a touch of colour ( which also helps covers scars) and using the oil on the morning brings out the glow nicely .
Unusual uses !
- I dye my hair and use this (mixed with a less expensive oil like almond or olive) combed through my hair the night before bleaching which stops breakage even though dye my hair platinum.
- I also use it once a week a a treatment and after moisturising my body I used the film left on my hand by running it if my hair which stops it looking frizzy and shape gives texture likes light wax!
- My medicine can cause my nails to become hard and my toenails were previously prone to slight fungal infection, leaving them looking slightly yellow. Both problems have been resolved by this as the oil is great rubbed in into cuticle and nails making them look healthy shiny. Once a week I add a couple of drops of tea tea oil to the oil in my hand, rub into my toenails which had stoped all traces of infection
See what I mean? I could even write more but you have probably got the idea!