Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £1.89
- WHAT'S COVERED: Immediate protection against accidental damage, along with cover for breakdowns and faults not covered by the seller/manufacturer warranty.
- 99% CLAIMS ACCEPTED (avg. Aug-21 to Jul-22): Upon a successful claim, if your product can't be repaired it will either be replaced or we'll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- NO ADDED COSTS: No excess to pay or any charges for postage, parts, labour or callout.
- CANCEL ANYTIME: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms by following the links provided. Cover is for UK residents aged 18 years and over.
Nintendo Switch AC Adapter
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Enjoy a full home-console experience anytime, anywhere with the Nintendo Switch Power Adapter
- USB C connection
- Replacement adapter
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Rated : To Be Announced
- Product Dimensions : 5.4 x 12.2 x 13.7 cm; 200 Grams
- Release date : 3 Mar. 2017
- ASIN : B01MT8EQFF
- Item model number : c/045496430542
- Best Sellers Rank: 82 in PC & Video Games (See Top 100 in PC & Video Games)
- Customer reviews:
While away from home, Nintendo Switch can be charged by plugging the AC adapter into the console's USB type-C connector.
From the manufacturer
Nintendo Switch AC Adapter
Enjoy a full home-console experience anytime, anywhere with the Nintendo Switch Power Adapter.
While away from home, Nintendo Switch can be charged by plugging the AC adapter into the console's USB Type-C connector.
This adapter can also connect directly to the Nintendo Switch dock.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 December 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
That being said, if you don't want to use it to power a docked Switch, you don't actually need to fork out for this. Any USB-C cable with a 56 ohm resistor (a fairly standard component in a good quality cable) will safely charge the Switch in handheld mode, and you can save some money.
By DirtyDozen12 on 7 December 2019
I'm with the vast majority of other buyers here though, the low rating is purely because of the price.
It's way overpriced.
However I didn't want to pose a risk to my Switch unit by using 3rd party hardware.
Normally I wouldn't buy into the Nintendo scaremonger and propaganda, but with the price of the Switch and it's components, it's just not worth the hassle.
My only comment would be that once it gets to 100%, you hear a "ping" sound. It feels like it's getting to full charge then stopping and restarting. Might go off every 10 minutes which doesn't happen with the official Apple chargers. It just means I won't leave it on overnight or if i'm out.
Obviously also works with the Nintendo Switch so if you want a spare as you keep one plugged into the docking station, you can't go wrong.