Follow the author
My First Book of Planets: All about the Solar System for Kids Paperback – 16 Jun. 2020
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
Blast off on an exploration of our solar system with this fun book on space for kids ages 3 to 5.
Get even the littlest astronomer excited for the big universe of outer space, from the bright and burning sun to our own blue Earth to ice-capped Pluto and every planet in
between. With this book, kids will explore the entire solar system through incredible pictures and fascinating facts on what makes each planet so special, including their size, distance from the sun, what the surface is like, how many moons they have, and more!
This planets for kids book includes:
- ASTRONOMY FOR KIDS: Learn all about the eight planets in our solar system, plus dwarf planets Ceres, Pluto, Eris, Haumea, and Makemake.
- FUN SPACE FACTS: Did you know the bubbles in soda are the same gas that's on Venus? Out of this world facts will keep kids glued to the page and excited to explore the sky.
- BIG, BEAUTIFUL IMAGES: Vibrant photos will take kids deep into space and onto each planet―no telescope required.
Get kids excited learning about the amazing universe that surrounds them with this fun and engaging astronomy book.
Special offers and product promotions
- Buy at least 4 items of your choice and save 5%. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Shop items
"A delightful book, beautifully illustrated, that explains our solar system to kids in words they can understand. It offers some great analogies--for example, comparing the size of the Moon to that of a tennis ball to the size of the Earth as a little bigger than a basketball. The author has a Ph.D. in planetary science but can write at a level that is very accessible to kids." --Dr Rosaly M.C. Lopes, Senior Research Scientist at JPL and author of several books on volcanoes and planetary science
"Great exploration of the solar system! The vocabulary is defined clearly to make comprehension a breeze. Bright, colorful pictures engage the reader. Relatable comparisons help to make the content understandable. This is the 4th book I have read by this author, and I am always impressed at how well he speaks to kids without speaking down to them. I wish I'd had this book when my kids were writing their solar system reports when they were in the 3rd grade. I can't wait for my students to get their hands on this!" --Kathy Proctor, 2nd grade teacher
"Here's the perfect book for introducing preschoolers and slightly older kids to the wonders of our solar system. The language is perfect for curious young scientists like my four-year-old grandson. The text is seasoned with many of the author's trademark Random Space Facts, while the mix of beautiful astrophotography and artists' drawings make My First Book of Planets a visual delight." --Mat Kaplan, Host and Producer of Planetary Radio
About the Author
Dr. Bruce Betts is a planetary scientist and children's book author. He is the chief scientist and LightSail program manager for The Planetary Society. He has a BS and an MS from Stanford and a Planetary Science PhD from Caltech. He managed planetary instrument development programs at NASA headquarters.
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (16 Jun. 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 68 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1646118367
- ISBN-13 : 978-1646118366
- Reading age : 3 - 6 years, from customers
- Dimensions : 20.07 x 0.76 x 20.32 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 428 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 January 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By Rocko on 5 January 2021
We also found when reading the book that some of the text didnt match the images on that page. Great written content but sadly let down by the quality. We requested a refund and lesson learned - I will check reviews first.