Follow the author
My Book of Rocks and Minerals: Things to Find, Collect, and Treasure Hardcover – 6 July 2017
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
A stunning visual reference book for little geologists who love to find fascinating stones around them.
Identify colourful gemstones, sparkly crystals, the toughest rocks and ancient fossils. Packed with fun facts, information and extensive photos all about the rocks and minerals that make up the world around us.
Interactive learning that engages young scholar minds. Learn about 64 different types of rocks and minerals, how to tell the difference between them, and where to find them. Have a dig into all the interesting geological materials from deep space to the deepest caves. You'll even discover glow in the dark minerals and living gems!
Find out about the stuff our world is made of, and how rocks and minerals form over time. This captivating book introduces children to hands-on science with fun activities such as starting your own impressive rock collection and how to stay safe on your rock finding missions.
Written for kids aged 6 to 9 with bite-sized information and explanations. The easy to understand language gives them a rock-solid foundation for science subjects. The geology book includes the phonetic pronunciation of the rock and mineral names so your little one will sound like a rock expert in no time.
Rockin' It With Stones And Minerals
- Stunning high-quality photographs.
- Inspiring activities for little earth scientists.
- Over 64 types of rocks, their properties, and how they are formed.
Special offers and product promotions
- Buy at least 4 items of your choice and save 5%. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Shop items
From the Publisher
This series features profiles pages with large images to show each species and rocks in detail, including a fact file of key information.
Fun and educational activities bring collections to life, making these books the perfect companion at home and in-class.
Photography, timelines and topic spreads provide interactive learning that engages young scholar minds.
|My Book of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life||My Book of Rocks and Minerals|
|What is about||Broken down by plant or animal type, there are profiles on 50 key species, with famous favourites such as mighty Tyrannosaurus and huge woolly mammoths, as well as lesser-known organisms.||Identify 64 colourful gemstones, sparkly crystals, the toughest rocks and ancient fossils. Packed with fun facts, information and extensive photos all about the rocks and minerals that make up the world around us.|
About the Author
- Publisher : DK Children (6 July 2017)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 96 pages
- ISBN-10 : 024128306X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0241283066
- Reading age : 7 - 10 years, from customers
- Dimensions : 20 x 1.3 x 26.3 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 2,564 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews: