Other Sellers on Amazon
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
|RRP:|| £41.66 Details |
This is the retail price by the manufacturer or importer of the product. Amazon confirms the relevance of this RRP, on a quarterly basis, compared to prices charged by at least one competitor or Amazon.
|Price:||& FREE Returns|
|You Save:||£2.71 (7%)|
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Join Mario, Sonic and friends for their greatest adventure yet in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 for Nintendo Switch!
- Train for Tokyo 2020 solo or compete against friends in brand new events – Skateboarding, Karate, Surfing and Sport Climbing – as well as a large selection of favourite sports and classic 2D games.
- Take on new Olympic sports, or enjoy established favourites using a variety of play styles – including immersive motion controls where you can use the Joy-Con to imitate actions like throwing a javelin or taking aim with a bow!
- Fly the flag with a star-studded cast of characters from the Super Mario and Sonic universes like Yoshi, Amy Rose, Luigi, Dr. Eggman and many more! With characters excelling in particular events, pick your favourite competitor and aim for the top.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Rated : Ages 7 and Over
- Language : English
- Product Dimensions : 1 x 10.4 x 17 cm; 51 Grams
- Release date : 8 Nov. 2019
- ASIN : B07SKJBZXY
- Item model number : Nintendo201949
- Country of origin : United Kingdom
- Best Sellers Rank: 130 in PC & Video Games (See Top 100 in PC & Video Games)
- 22 in Nintendo Switch Games
- Customer reviews:
From the manufacturer
Get the party started!
There are so many ways to play on your Nintendo Switch! Enjoy a variety of play styles, including motion and button controls, single and dual Joy-Con, single-player and multiplayer, local* and **online!
*Local wireless multiplayer requires one console and one copy of the software per player.
** Online play requires an active internet connection and a Nintendo account
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020
Join the world’s greatest sports party!
Join Mario, Sonic and friends for their greatest adventure yet exclusively on Nintendo Switch! Celebrate the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 with your favourite characters, loads of events, and so many ways to enjoy the party on your Nintendo Switch! Have a blast competing with your friends in 30+ action-packed 3D and classic 2D sports games—including new events for Tokyo 2020
- Compete in all-new Olympic sports—skateboarding, surfing, sport climbing, and karate—and a variety of events including archery, gymnastics, boxing, football, equestrian, track and field, and more!
- Experience the Olympic Games in a brand-new way with 10 nostalgic 2D events that bring Mario, Sonic, & friends back to their classic roots!
- Choose from an incredible cast of characters, including Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Tails, Yoshi, Amy Rose, Waluigi, Dr. Eggman, and many more!
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There's a high degree of polish, a large volume of events, the majority of which are fun. There's a story mode, which is very text heavy, which I think is a good thing as it will improve his reading skills - it also has some light educational facts around the olympics as you play. There's also a few 'dream' events which offer a bit more in gameplay, and a selection of 2D retro events. Many events have a bit of a learning curve, but this enhances the longevity as you try and work out the best way to tackle each one. And it shines best during local multiplayer with the whole family joining in.
Of course, many of us have seen it all before, I remember playing Daley's Decathalon, and the gameplay of these kind of titles hasn't evolved much since the early 80s. But for kids, and especially for younger children who have never played this kind of game, it's likely to be a great distraction - with the caveat that it's very expensive given the simple gameplay on offer. You might want to wait till nearer the actual Olympics when it might be available for less, but if it does make it's way into the stockings of some 7-10 year olds this Christmas it is unlikely to disappoint, at least for a few weeks.
I must warn you, it's addictive and there's a damaging side effect of the inability to use your dominant arm after a weekend of challenging all the family! The pain is real!
Well my son loves the outdoors and loves running around and playing but in the middle of winter when it’s freezing outside there’s not much chance of that
We bought him a switch for part of his Christmas and just bought him Mario and sonic at the olympics, this is great for getting the family together, myself, my son, my wife and nieces and nephews plus the neighbours can all get involved in this and all play and bond together, this is great for that and we all love it!
Easy 5 stars from me, great game for all the family!
They said it's a great game and love it! I saw them play it and they were very happy and and really enjoyed telling me how to play it ! Worth it just to see there happy faces
Whilst there are some lovely animations and visual effects, the game struggles to reach 30fps and the framerate noticeably dips during multiplayer sessions (for which I primarily bought this game).
Not only that, the games themselves have overly complicated controls schemes and offer so many options to play, yet none of them feel like they considered the gameplay at all.
Also, the split screen play seems like a low budget approach to what could have been an amazing game considering the IP lineup.
I personally returned my copy as the multiplayer game feels so tacked on, but who would sit and play this alone?