|Item Weight||12.75 Kilograms|
|Pet Life Stage||All Life Stages|
|Size||150 Count (Pack of 1)|
|Number of Items||1|
|Item Weight||12.8 kg|
Maltbys' Stores 1904 Limited Fat Balls Unnetted 150 Premium Wild Bird Food 12.75kg
Enhance your purchase
|Brand||Maltbys' Stores 1904 Limited|
|Pet Life Stage||All Life Stages|
About this item
- Fat balls are a great way to provide a high energy treat for the wild birds in your garden.Unnetted better for the environment as well as nullifying the risk of birds feet being caught.
- During breeding season and throughout the colder months in winter, wild birds are desperately searching for reliable sources of energy. When provided in the garden, these suet balls are exactly what wild birds are looking for when they need an energy boost. The inclusion of seeds that many wild birds enjoy, makes our classic suet fat balls wild bird magnets when natural sources of food are scarce.
- At Maltbys’ Stores 1904 Limited we specialise in wild bird foods and supplies. We pride ourselves on selling top quality products all year round. Please search for Maltbys’ Stores 1904 Limited to see the rest of our extensive range.
- As one of the biggest sellers in the British wild bird food market we on average get a fresh delivery every 3 weeks on all our best selling lines. So you are always buying off us the freshest possible products.
- Sold by Maltbys’ Stores 1904 Limited a trusted UK BRAND serving the British wild bird, pet, garden and fishing community for over 100 years with top quality fresh products.
Customer ratings by feature
Compare with similar items
A family run business for over 115 years
A heritage we are proud of
Beginning as a specialist retailer of bird seeds, we have expanded our product range over the years and now offer a comprehensive selection of animal feeds, wild bird foods, dog treats, garden supplies and fishing products.
Maltbys' Stores is a pet and garden supplies retailer based in Hull, UK. Since opening in 1904, we have always aimed to provide our customers with the best quality products we can find. Now in our sixth family generation, we are still continuing to look for new ways to provide fantastic products to you and your pets.
We know your animal's needs are very important, which is why we continue to work with our suppliers to find the freshest and best quality products available.
- Specialists in wild bird foods and feeders
- Huge range of natural dog treats and chews
- Fishing pellets, baits, ingredients and liquids
- Garden supplies, including grass seeds
- Huge selection of foods for aviary birds, poultry, pigeons, pond fish and more
At Maltbys' Stores we understand that feeding wild birds is a highly rewarding and entertaining pastime. What's more, with many of our treasured song and garden bird species now sadly in decline, feeding wild birds is more vital than ever in aiding conservation efforts.
We work closely with our suppliers to find the best quality wild bird foods, to keep birds returning to your garden again and again.
We also understand that different wild birds need different nutrition, so we sell a huge range of wild bird seeds and mixes to suit all avian dietary needs.
As one of the biggest UK suppliers of wild bird foods, we receive deliveries on average every 3 weeks or less. This way we can provide you with the freshest possible product we can deliver, retaining the product's natural oils and nutrients and minimizing the potential for mould or toxins
Why Choose Fat Balls?
What are Fat Balls?
Fat balls are a nutritional and high energy supplementary food for wild birds. They are made primarily of suet, a solidified mix of pure animal fats such as lard, which is mixed with seeds and cereals and formed into ball shapes. They are incredibly high in fat content, meaning they can provide much needed sustenance for wild birds, particularly during the winter months.
How to Use Fat Balls
Our fat balls are sold unnetted, which is better for the environment and also prevents birds' feet getting caught during feeding. Although they can be used on feeding tables, we would recommend using a hanging or standing feeder specifically designed for fat balls. Also, during the summer months, we would recommend not hanging your fat balls in direct sunlight.
A Great Source of Energy
Suet is a high-fat foodstuff which is easily metabolised by most wild birds, making fat balls a fantastic choice for a huge range of wild bird species. Bramblings, goldfinches, greenfinches, dunnocks, buntings, chaffinches, house and tree sparrows, song thrushes, linnets, nuthatches and great spotted woodpeckers can all benefit from having fat balls available as a supplement to other seeds and feed mixes.
ONE OF MALTBYS' STORES 1904 LIMITED BRANDED PRODUCTS WE SELL A COMPREHENSIVE RANG OF TOP QUALITY WILD BIRD FOODS , FISHING BAITS, PET SUPPLIES AND GARDEN SUPPLIES A QUALITY TRUSTED BRAND SERVING THE UK FOR OVER 100 YEARS ONLY MALTBYS' STORES 1904 LIMITED SELL MALTBYS' STORES 1904 LIMITED PRODUCTS BEWARE OF COPIES MALTBYS' STORES 1904 LIMITED DO NOT SELL ANY PRODUCTS INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION Allergy Warning: Milk, Egg, Wheat, Soybean, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Fish and ShellFish are all ingredients in products we sell - your product may have come in contact with or contain any of the above
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 June 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So I thought I would see how much fat is the balls. I heated 5 of them up and they just collapsed into dry, rather smelly rough sawdusty powder, very little sign of fat or oil.
So I put this out on a flat wall, thinking the pidgeons would at least eat it. Nothing! So I mixed it into a slush with water. Nothing.
It’s still sitting there ......4 days on. Even the slugs and Mr Ratty, who visits at night, ignore it.
So I have about 125 ‘fat’ balls and haven’t a clue what to do with them!
By Sonic on 25 June 2020