|Product Dimensions||5 x 9 x 12 cm; 20 Grams|
|Item model number||BC0311|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Item Weight||20 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
MAM Nipple Shields Size 1 (Pack of 2), Breast Shields with Sterilisable Travel Case, Breast Protectors to Support and Enhance Breastfeeding
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Size||S (Pack of 2)|
|Age range (description)||0+ months|
About this item
- Silicone Teat – As with all of our MAM bottles newborn babies will find that the SkinSoft silicone teats feel comforting and familiar, resulting in a more relaxed baby
- Comforting Material: Made of a very thin SkinSoft silicone for maximum skin contact during baby feeding and is especially gentle on baby’s delicate skin.
- Innovative Shape: Unlike bulkier designs, this shape allows baby to feel and smell mum’s skin, keeping you close even with a nipple guard between you
- Textured Surface: A BPA and BPS free dimpled surface specially designed to allow air to flow between your baby and the nipple shield as your little one nurses
- Product details – MAM Nipple Shields Size 1 (Pack of 2), Breast Shields with Sterilisable Travel Case, Nipple Shield Breastfeeding, article number: BC0311
MAM Nipple Shields – For short-term support during breastfeeding
As a new mum, you may feel as though nursing is a difficult or daunting part of caring for your newborn baby, so MAM is here to help. The MAM Nipple Shields offer short-term support for breastfeeding, making it very easy for babies to drink. This is thanks to their silky-smooth surface and the natural shape of the design.
Size 1 means that this nipple shield is small - 17 mm. It is based on the width of mums nipple.
A nipple protector may not be the right choice for you and you are advised to consult a midwife or nursing consultant before you first use these products.
- Silicone Teat – SkinSoft silicone
- Travel Case – Comes with a sterilisable storage box
- Textured Surface – For maximum skin contact and prioritising baby’s comfort
- Enhanced Shape – Allows baby to feel and smell mum’s skin
- Contains 2 x MAM Nipple Shields, Size 1
<2 X MAM Nipple Shields> <1xSterilisable Travel Case>
From the manufacturer
MAM Nipple Shields
As a new mum, you may feel as though nursing is a difficult or daunting part of caring for your newborn baby, so MAM is here to help.
MAM Nipple Shields come in two sizes and make it very easy for babies to drink because they feel so familiar thanks to their silky smooth SkinSoft surface and their natural shape. MAM Nipple Shields are designed to be used when you have sore or cracked nipples; they protect nipples during breastfeeding and allow you to breastfeed for longer.
Comforting Skinsoft Silicone
Made of a very thin SkinSoft silicone for maximum skin contact during baby feeding and is especially gentle on baby’s delicate skin.
94% Teat Acceptance
Newborn babies will find that the SkinSoft silicone teats feel comforting and familiar, resulting in a more relaxed breastfeeding experience.
Unlike bulkier designs, this shape allows baby to feel and smell mum’s skin, keeping you close even with a nipple guard between you.
Can be self-sterilised in three minutes, for easy and convenient sterilising on the go. Simply add water and pop in the microwave!
Are there different sizes for the MAM Nipple Shields?
Yes, MAM currently offers 2 different sizes of Nipple Shield. Size 1: 17mm | Size 2: 23mm.
Nipples 17mm or less diameter use Size 1.
Nipples 18mm or more diameter use Size 2.
How do I know what size shield I need?
To find the right size: use a ruler and measure both your nipples, this should be done right after breastfeeding or expressing.
For a more detailed walkthrough check out our video: "How to find the right size for you"
How can you sterilise these nipple shields?
These nipple shields are packed in a handy self-sterilising travel box. Please see instructions for details.
They can also be sterilised in boiling water, an electric or microwave steam steriliser or in sterilising solution.
Are MAM breastfeeding products BPA/BPS free?
Yes, all MAM breastfeeding products are BPA/BPS free.
More from MAM
We love babies and we believe that only the best is good enough for them! That’s why for over 40 years we at MAM have been developing innovative, extra-safe baby bottles, cups, soothers, teethers & toothbrushes. So, parents can feel confident, and babies feel good.
Our Product Recommendations
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 May 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After the despair of not being able to get newborn to latch for 6 days due to inverted nipples, very large breasts and tongue tie... What a combo! we reverted to feeding pumped breastmilk from bottle (medela swing pump and nuk bottles with small feed hole for reference, also recommended) as even the breastfeeding consultant had given up on us.
So I ordered every different type of nipple shield possible from Amazon, and this is the only one that works. Not only did it work, but it worked straight away. No struggling to get baby on the breast, she just did it.
Why is this one so good?
- unlike other shields it actually sticks to the breast and doesn't cling to baby's face
- it has raised bumps on the side that I imagine feel quite nice on babies face and also help prevent the shield from clinging to face instead of boob
- the teat is very firm, which means it is basically foolproof for bubba to get on to
Cue finding these. Made feeding bearable whilst I repaired and baby is happy to use them. We are 9 weeks in now and our only issue is that baby still prefers these over the actual nipple and when offered the alternative will only try it for a few minutes before deciding it’s too much effort to latch. We will continue to wean him off the shield but we aren’t unhappy with the situation as baby is feeding well. These literally saved our breastfeeding journey. That is not to say they’re perfect as they can be a bit of a faff and there have been several instances where they’ve come off mid feed - this is mainly down to the fact that I don’t always have two hands free to attach the shield and so it is not fitted correctly prior to commencing feeding. Cleaning isn’t much of a problem - a teat brush is required and I would definitely make a note of the fact that it’s not something that can be used one handed and from time to time even two hands does not guarantee that the shield won’t pop off but overall they’re fairly decent and we haven’t had too many problems.
There is the small issue of looking somewhat like a lactating dominatrix, but again you just get on with it.
My baby is 8 days old and when my milk came in at day 2/3 he lost latch completely. I ended up pumping and bottle feeding as he had a case of jaundice and it was important to flush it. I kept trying to latch him but it wasn’t working. He was checked for tongue tie but no results, there really was no explanation at to why he wouldn’t latch.
I bought these on a whim hoping they would help... WOW! He latched first time and were continuing our breastfeeding journey.
The teats appear big but he handles them fine, the plastic is thin and sticks well to skin 90% of the time. Occasionally flips onto baby’s face/cheek but easily resolved.
Thank you for helping me BF again!!!!