|Country of origin||China|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from XCover - UK £4.95
- XCover's Product Protection provides coverage for a large range of products. Product Protection expands and extends the warranty from the manufacturer and covers damages, stains, mechanical/electrical breakdowns, cracks and other types of damage that aren’t covered elsewhere.
- XCover will arrange a technician to repair your product from our mail-in service or in your home or we’ll either replace it or reimburse you with a payment into any bank account worldwide.
- Fully digital claim process backed by 24/7 multilingual call centre, easy online claim filing and instant payment of approved claims. XCover aims to complete 95% of claims and settle payments within 3 days.
- This policy does not cover any loss or damages sustained during transit to your address, any pre-existing damage or general wear and tear, any cosmetic damage or any policy excess.
- Cancel anytime within 45 days of the estimated shipping date for a full refund. Cover is for UK residents who are over 18 years old. For a full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms and conditions by following the link(s) provided. Please note that another insurance product which has different terms might be available on our website when accessed on a laptop or desktop PC.
Lumie Sunrise Alarm - Sunrise Wake-up Alarm, Sunset Sleep Feature, Sounds & Mood Lighting
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Product dimensions||3.5D x 6.7W x 7.1H centimetres|
|Power source||Corded Electric|
About this item
- SUNRISE - A smooth sunrise starts 30 minutes before your alarm time and slowly brightens to wake you gently.
- SOUNDS - Add a beep or one of 5 natural sounds as an optional extra alarm. Snooze allows an extra 5 minutes.
- SUNSET - Also has a 30-minute dimming sunset that can be used to relax at bedtime. Display can be high, low or off at night.
- LIGHTING - Warm white light for the sunrise and sunset plus 6 colours to suit your mood: green, red, blue, pink, orange, light blue.
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY - From Lumie, the light therapy specialist that invented wake-up lights.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. All information about the products on our website is provided for information purposes only. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented on our website. Please always read the labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming a product. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is not intended to substitute for advice given by medical practitioner, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements about products are not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.co.uk accepts no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products by manufacturers or other third parties. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Lumie Sunrise Alarm wakes you gradually with light. This provides a fantastic start to the day and helps anyone who is not naturally a morning person to feel brighter and more energetic first thing. From Lumie, light therapy specialists and inventors of the very first wake-up lights.
Sunrise Alarm; Mains adaptor; User guide
From the brand
From the manufacturer
Lumie Sunrise Alarm
Sunrise and sunset effects for a natural way to wake up and fall asleep. With coloured mood lighting and natural alarm sounds.
Press the sunrise alarm button before you go to sleep. The sunrise starts 30 minutes before your alarm time and slowly brightens to wake you gently when the light is at its brightest.
Sunrise Alarm offers a more natural way to wake up and gets you off to a great start.
Sunrise Alarm is not just for waking up, it also has a dimming sunset that can be used to relax at bedtime.
Press the sunset button and the bedside light will slowly fade over 30 minutes and then turn off. The fading light also acts as a gentle reminder not to read for too long!
As well as the standard beep, Sunrise Alarm has 5 authentic nature sounds: blackbird, osprey, goats, tree frog, purring kitten.
Set the alarm volume to suit or choose 0 volume to wake with the sunrise only.
Scroll up to product images and video to see how Sunrise Alarm works.
Sunrise Alarm has three display brightness settings: off, low or high.
Press the display button on the back of the clock to have it low or off when you're ready to sleep.
Using Sunrise Alarm should mean you wake full of get-up-and-go... but there's also a snooze button for when you just fancy a bit longer in bed.
The sunrise and any wake sound sound will repeat after 5 minutes.
Sunrise Alarm uses warm white light for the brightening sunrise and dimming sunset. The 10 light levels also provide dimmable bedside lighting.
In addition, there are 6 colourful options for mood lighting plus a setting that cycles slowly through all the colours.
|Sunrise Alarm||Bodyclock Rise 100||Bodyclock Spark 100|
|Main features||Wake sounds. Coloured mood lighting.||Adjustable sunrise light intensity. Nightlight.||Adjustable sunrise light intensity. Nightlight.|
|Sunset/sunrise duration||30 minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|Display||Manual||Light-sensitive, auto-dimming||Light-sensitive, auto-dimming|
|Bedside lighting||10 light levels||Fully adjustable||Fully adjustable|
|Power failure back-up||Batteries required||✓||✓|
|HWD cm||18 x 17 x 9||16 x 19 x 13||16 x 19 x 13|
|Weight||385 g||565 g||565 g|
|Medical Device||Class 1||Class 1|
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 November 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
There's a lot of cheaper, unbranded and fairly tacky looking wake-up lights out there and I was happy to see this recently released budget model from Lumie, who have been making quality sunrise and SAD lights for years.
Out of the box this is a nice looking unit and feels well made. No nasty looking plasticky fake chrome effects to be found - just a smooth white (with a bit of grey) matte finish all over.
I only really bought it for the wake-up light, and particularly the option to have no sound on the alarm which seems absent on some of the cheapo models - I still wanted to use my phone for my final 'get-up' alarm.
On this model, the light starts half an hour before your programmed alarm time and starts low, brightening up in small increments. My biggest issue with it is that the light is too bright after only 10-15 mins, and I've been having to try out later alarm times so that the light is still a nice level when my phone alarm finally goes off. I've now also covered it with a bit of muslin cloth to soften it further, and I face it away from my bed to it's not glaring at me when I get up.
I wish there was a way that you could programme the maximum brightness on the wakeup light but as this is the budget model I assume they had to reduce the amount of customisations you can make. Perhaps this is something that's available on one of their more expensive models?
Other than the wake-up light, there is the choice of 5 alarm sounds which will sound (if the volume is set) at the programmed alarm time. Some of them are a bit weird (goats and purring kittens?!) but I'm content to use my phone alarm for sound anyway.
There is a sunset feature which is effectively the opposite of the wake-up light for when you are reading at night or whatever.
It can also be used as a bedside light - the standard light is warm white (as is the wake-up light). There is the option to have a coloured light or mood lighting (cycles through colours) on the standard light function. Nice for a kid perhaps but I can't see myself using it that much. The standard light is dimmable. The coloured lights can't be used as the wake-up light unfortunately.
You can dim the clock time - bright, medium or off. Which is a nice feature, although the medium is still fairly bright. If you have the clock light set to off it will come on when your wake-up light comes on so you know what time it is. Only problem is you have to look into the bright light of the wake-up light to see the time.
One other very minor bugbear is that the wake up light doesn't switch itself off after a period of time. You have to manually switch it off. I only realised this after I went away for a weekend and forgot to switch the alarm off beforehand. The light must have been on all weekend...
Instructions are minimal but give enough info and are well written. There is a removable labelled plastic film on the front of the unit to get you started on which each button does. I still needed to read the instruction booklet though.
Overall it's a good unit and I'm going to stick with it. Light is definitely gentler to wake up to than noise, and it's making getting up a little easier now the mornings are so dark again. I'm glad I paid a little more for a Lumie model over one of the cheaper ones, but I wasn't prepared to pay silly money for one of their more expensive models. So I guess like most things - you get what you pay for.
1. The clock brightness has 3 settings, off, low and high but 'Low' is actually very very bright, it lights up the whole room, totally unsuitable for night time use as it would keep me awake, so the only option is to switch it to off making the clock a bit pointless.
2. I could live with a useless clock but the biggest problem is the alleged sunrise feature. This unit does not gradually fade up as you would expect, it basically comes on instantly half an hour before the alarm at a "minimum" brightness level which is actually very bright in a dark room and wakes me up immediately. See video clip attached which shows the alarm at first switch on, it is crazy, this is hardly a gradual sunrise!
The unit then increases from the very bright minimum up to maximum which is insanely brightly after a few minutes. Far from being a gentle wake up its more of a shock tactic I guess.
3. The novelty sounds I'm not really interested in but for others even at minimum volume it is pretty loud and annoying, the loops are very short repeats which gets tedious quite quickly, again could not be further from a pleasant wake up.
So really disappointed with Lumie, I purchased this unit instead of the cheaper ones on Amazon to avoid exactly these sorts of problems but this fails miserably at it's main purpose which is the sunrise feature. I really can't believe how bad this is. The only fade up is from bright to very bright, completely useless.
Also it is important that the display can be turned off ... this can ... but it comes back on each time the alarm goes off so needs to be turned back off every night.
The sunset aspect wasn’t something I had thought about but is great now I have it.
The only negative aspect of this sunrise alarm from my point of view is that the lowest light level is brighter than I would like. It would be nice if this last/first stage of the sunset/sunrise was more gentle.
Overall I am happy that I went for this branded Lumie product over the many cheaper unbranded products as they don’t seem to have the option to turn the sounds or the clock display off.
I am also glad that didn’t go for one of the more expensive Lumie or Philips lamps as they seem to have a myriad of unnecessary (for me) features.
Update: the brightness of the lowest light level was something I found I could not live with. The this has now been replace by a Lumie bodyclock spark 100 which has less features but has a much better wake-up and sunset lamp.