|Number of items||1|
|Number of pieces||1|
|Sport||Backpacking, Adventure Sports, Hiking|
|Included components||Expedition Plus 100+ - 100ml SPRAY|
|Item model number||6260|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 4 x 13.8 cm; 132 Grams|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Lifesystems Insect Repellent Expedition Plus 100+ Mosquito Repellent Pump Spray with DEET Long Lasting
Enhance your purchase
|Item volume||100 Millilitres|
About this item
- HIGH CONCENTRATION DEET Insect Repellent designed for High Risk Areas: 95% concentration of DEET is highly effective against mosquitoes to prevent Malaria, Encephalitis, Dengue and Yellow fever (highest strength DEET repellent on the market)
- LONG-LASTING FORMULATION for Maximum Level Protection: 95% DEET and 0.1% Pyrethrin, each application will last over 10 hours, however re-application is recommended in areas with high temperature and humidity to keep you protected for longer
- ADDITIONAL PROTECTION: Contains a dual-action formula which combines an insecticide with the DEET, giving a highly effective formula
- SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN aged 6 years and over. Contained withing a durable aluminium bottle with pump-spray top. The repellent will last 24 months from when it is first opened
- WORKS WITH SUN PROTECTION: The effectiveness should not be affected by the Sun Cream and there is no need to apply more than the recommended amount of insect repellent. However, always apply the sun cream first and allow this to absorb thoroughly into the skin before applying the repellent. (Note: DEET may affect sunblock effectiveness by 30-40%)
Causes serious eye irritation.
Causes skin irritation.
Contains sensitizing substances. May produce an allergic reaction. Always read the label and product information before use.
Toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
There is a newer model of this item:
What's in the box?
From the manufacturer
Lifesystems Insect Repellent Range
Lifesystems insect repellents provide effective protection against mosquitoes and other biting insects in all environments. With both DEET and DEET free repellents, Lifesystems is able to cater for all situations
|Expedition Max||Expedition 50 Pro||Expedition Sensitive||Midge Repellent||Natural Repellent|
|Suitable For||Children Aged 2+||Children Aged 6+||Children Aged 2+||Children Aged 2+||Children Aged 6m+|
|Length Of Protection||24 Hours||14 Hours||8 Hours||8 Hours||8 Hours|
All Lifesystems Insect Repellents are supplied in a durable aluminium bottle with leak-proof pump-spray and can be taken in hand luggage
Multiple Daily Applications
Thanks to DermaLoc Technology, the Lifesystems DEET repellents have a very low rate of absorption, meaning they can be re-applied several times per day to give long-lasting protection
Suitable For Children
Lifesystems Insect Repellents have been approved for use on children at the ages shown in the above chart (from 6 months old)
Lifesystems Insect Repellents are sweat-resistant, meaning you can continue on your travels or high-paced adventure with peace of mind
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 6 July 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As if to prove a point, on the one day I neglected to apply the spray, I managed to attract no fewer than eight hungry mosquitoes!
I would very highly recommend this for anyone travelling to mosquito-affected areas. It's infinitely more effective than the citronella sprays, wristbands and so on.
Just a note of caution however: the ingredients will cause some dyes and paints to dissolve and mark your skin. Take great care around rubber, leather, polished / painted surfaces and fabrics. I would advise applying the spray to your hands and then rubbing it in thoroughly to exposed skin, before washing hands carefully. Leave to dry on the skin before dressing to reduce the likelihood of damaging fabrics.
I've used this stuff on a number of trips (India, South Africa, Algeria) and, as long as I remember to apply it religiously in the evenings I've managed to stay bite free.
One word of caution - regular application on more sensitive skin (inside of elblows) may result in a rash after two weeks. Still preferable to bites and will still use this for future trips.
But be careful .........
1) the liquid can melt plastic
2) it's very strong smelling and can sting sensitive skin
1) take a cotton handkerchief
2) take a cotton flannel
1) spray liquid onto cotton handkerchief, then dab onto cotton clothing and exposed skin (ankles, legs, wrists, hands, neck, ears & forehead etc)
2) wrap bottle in cotton handkerchief and then wrap in cotton flannel to prevent contact with backpack, suitcase, plastic items
As this product is so heavily oil based, the spray nozzle will not disperse the liquid finely like water; instead it'll squirt quite thickly and be more droplet like - this increases the risk of it going on the floor, onto fabric and running/dripping once it hits your skin - it's also not distributed very well when it does reach it's target as you have to try and rub a lot of oil from a small spot, over a large area.
Instead, spray into your hands and then rub onto the required body parts for better coverage and less mess.
I was wrong to do this. On a recent trip the Deet leaked out of the bottle and dissolved its way through my airport liquid security bag and damaged inter-alia my mobile phone case turning both into a sticky goo.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU PROPOSE KEEPING IT PERMANENTLY IN AN UPRIGHT POSITION. Deet is a very destructive solvent to paints and plastics. One drip will eat it’s way through several layers of paint or a thick plastic bag.
But we hey! This actually works! I've tried all sorts of sprays potions and wrist bands to no avail, but finally I've found the answer to my prayers 🙏
Sprayed this into my hands (wastes easily spraying direct) and rubbed onto any exposed skin in the evening and over suncream in the daytime. Not 1 bite!
No bites. That's none! I usually come home with 50 to 60!
So happy! 😊 😃