Follow the author
Easy Learning French Complete Grammar, Verbs and Vocabulary (3 books in 1): Trusted support for learning (Collins Easy Learning French) Paperback – 14 Jan. 2016
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
The home of trusted French dictionaries for everyday language learning.
A handy 3-in-1 French study book: grammar, verbs and vocabulary in one volume, ideal for beginners who need a clear and easy-to-understand French reference and revision guide.
This book gives you the essential tools to help you progress quickly in your study of French. The grammar, verb and vocabulary sections have been designed for all those learning French at school, in an evening class, for work or for leisure.
- Grammar: this section provides easily accessible information in an attractively presented layout. Key grammatical points are highlighted throughout the text as a means of reinforcement. Hundreds of examples of real French illustrate clearly the grammatical points being made. In addition, a full glossary gives clear and simple explanations of grammatical terminology.
- Verbs: you will find 112 fully conjugated regular and irregular verbs in this section. Each is self contained in a double-page spread showing all the major tenses. Major constructions and idiomatic phrases are given for all verb models, as well as hundreds of examples of real French to show you how verbs are used in context . An index contains thousands of verbs which are cross-referred to their conjugation model.
- Vocabulary: this handy section covering 50 topics (such as family, free time, careers, computing, education, food and drink, health, shopping) gives you all the vocabulary you need to communicate effectively in French.
With its clear, user-friendly grammar, all the most important French verbs shown in full, and an extensive vocabulary guide, this book gives you all the elements to start speaking and writing with confidence in French.
Special offers and product promotions
- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off a selection of books. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
From the Publisher
Looking for something different? Explore more of our Easy Learning range
About the Author
Pioneers in dictionary publishing since 1819
- Publisher : Collins; Second edition (14 Jan. 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 700 pages
- ISBN-10 : 000814172X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0008141721
- Dimensions : 22.86 x 15.24 x 3.18 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 3,849 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Expect a book that just explains french grammar in a systematic way.
At the end of the book you will find a vocabulary which is a list of words put together per topic, that you may just trying to remember.
Not really what I expected, before buying it I read a lot of positive feedback but unfortunately my opinion is completely different.
Learning a second or third language is not an easy process and everyone has a different way of learning, this book might be good for people who memorise a lot and love learning perfectly the grammar in an academic and systematic way.
Vocabulary is grouped in ‘type’ such as ‘at the airport’ so helpful in situations you may come across.
Verb section is fabulous. All tenses written out in full, with example sentences.
When I first received the book I was a bit overwhelmed but now I find it useful between my classes.
Clue is in the title small print: Easy Learning. Large title 'Complete French' is far from correct, even if it refers to the three sections. Does not include any prononciation guide.
Will buy same book for other languages I am studying