Follow the author
Leadership - International Student Edition: Theory and Practice Paperback – 29 Jun. 2021
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
The fully updated Ninth Edition features a new chapter on inclusive leadership, 17 new real-world cases that profile leaders from across the globe, a new discussion on leadership and morality, and examples of timely issues such as leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic. Key features include:
- A consistent chapter structure that outlines each approach and the major studies behind them, presents strengths and criticisms for each approach, and provides case studies and a self-assessment questionnaire at the end of each chapter, allowing students to easily compare and contrast the various theories.
- Three case studies in each chapter help students to apply leadership concepts in real-world scenarios.
- Self-assessments within each chapter provides self-assessment and reflection opportunities for each theory presented.
Dr. Northouse provides a thorough, yet accessible scholarly introduction to the field of leadership. Leadership: Theory and Practice is a legacy text that readers will take with them throughout their educational and professional career.-- Lindsay J. Hastings Published On: 2020-09-01
About the Author
Peter G. Northouse is a professor emeritus of communication in the School of Communication at Western Michigan University. For more than 25 years he taught leadership and interpersonal and organizational communication at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. In addition to publications in professional journals he is the author of Leadership: Theory and Practice (9th ed.) and Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice (5th ed.) and co-author of Health Communication: Strategies for Health Professionals (3rd ed.). His scholarly and curricular interests include models of leadership, leadership assessment, ethical leadership, and leadership and group dynamics. He has worked as a consultant in a variety of areas, including leadership development, leadership education, conflict management, and health communication. He holds a doctorate in speech communication from the University of Denver and master’s and bachelor’s degrees in communication education from Michigan State University.
- Publisher : SAGE Publications, Inc; Ninth edition (29 Jun. 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 600 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1071856618
- ISBN-13 : 978-1071856611
- Dimensions : 15.3 x 2.1 x 23 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 150,642 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews: