|Colour||Auto - Red|
|Product Dimensions||18 x 7 x 5.5 cm; 240.4 Grams|
|Item Weight||240 g|
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £2.79
- WHAT'S COVERED: Immediate protection against accidental damage, along with cover for breakdowns and faults not covered by the seller/manufacturer warranty.
- 99% CLAIMS ACCEPTED (avg. Aug-21 to Jul-22): Upon a successful claim, if your product can't be repaired it will either be replaced or we'll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- NO ADDED COSTS: No excess to pay or any charges for postage, parts, labour or callout.
- CANCEL ANYTIME: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms by following the links provided. Cover is for UK residents aged 18 years and over.
Kitchen Mama Electric Can Opener - Smooth Edge Tin Opener with Easy-Touch Start & Stop, Ergonomic & Arthritic Hand Friendly, Compact Cordless Design - Red
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Colour||Auto - Red|
|Blade material||Stainless Steel|
|Item dimensions L x W x H||18 x 7 x 5.5 centimetres|
About this item
- EASY & CONVENIENT - Yes you can open large or small tins pain free (left- or right-handed) with Kitchen Mama's electric can opener, featuring easy-touch start/stop for users suffering from chronic arthritis of the hands, weak grip, or recent injury
- SMART & HYGIENIC - The opener clamps easily to the top of any standard can and once started cuts smoothly (12000 RPM) until the button is pressed again - the blade cuts close to the rim ensuring minimal skin to food contact when removing the lid
- SMOOTH TIN EDGES - An ultra-honed horizontal blade cuts cleanly along the side of the can without leaving sharp edges or coming into contact with the food inside - clean with a damp cloth, do NOT submerge in water
- COMPACT & CORDLESS - Can be used throughout the kitchen without needing to worry about electrical cables and stowed easily in a drawer without taking up bench space - uses 4 AA batteries (not included)
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - The elegantly simple form fits easily into the palm of the hand with its comfy rounded edges and employs an extra-large, high-contrast start/stop button
Customer ratings by feature
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
OPENS TINS IN 3 EASY STEPS
Designed to relieve unnecessary strain and provide convenience during meal preparation, Kitchen Mama electric can openers make opening tins as easy as 1, 2, 3.
How do I clean my electric tin opener?
Clean it with a damp towel. Do NOT submerge it, rinse under running water, or load in the dishwasher.
Does it really leave a safe and smooth edge?
Yes, it really does.
Will this work with any tin?
It works with almost any can size/shape, but not soda cans with sloped edges.
Are batteries included in the package?
No, they are not included. It requires 4 x AA batteries.
The cutting blade is tilted. Is it broken?
No. It's designed to be angled in order to cut more efficiently and leave a smooth rim.
The original design
Turns itself off
Describe your products in 3 words?
Easy, Safe, Clean.
"How did you come up with the idea for this product?
It began as a family effort to help make life easier for Mama Ola, because she was having a hard time in the kitchen with her arthritic hands. After brainstorming through many ideas such as ergonomic cutting boards and star-trek style utensils, we settled on a cordless electric can opener because that was the most difficult task for her. Of course, we still had a lot to learn about taking an idea and turning it into a prototype for production!
What makes your product special?
We took on and beat the big brands. We see our design being imitated a lot nowadays, but the copy-cats still cannot compete when it comes to quality.
What has been the best part of your experience?
Probably when we started getting our first customer feedback. That's when we realized that the product was really making a difference in people's lives.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 5 June 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I turn most ring pull cans upside-down and use the opener on the bottom of them. The other day there was one can that couldn't be opened this way as the bottom edge was rounded, but others have been fine!
This can opener is really simple to use.
There are downsides to most things of course and, in this instance, size may matter!
It is larger than a hand-turned opener and, if kept in its box, takes a bit of space. I have kept mine in the box in a cupboard as it didn't fit comfortably into my kitchen drawer.
It is not heavy, unless you have very weak hands and wrists but if this was the case you would probably find it quite easy to use both hands to put it on the tin.
Anything with two batteries in will have a little bit of weight to it.
All in all, I'm very glad to have added this to my kitchen appliances.
The air no longer turns blue (a la Gordon Ramsey) when I try to open a can and there are no more splatters on the wall from the ring pull lids flicking off.
Well worth the money, in my opinion.
More seriously, although it really is very loud, it works very well indeed. I have very weak grip/strength following extensive spinal surgery and am defeated by ring pulls. This is so easy to use, almost ridiculously so. Place on top of can, even ring-pull ones, press the big red button, put your fingers in your ears and wait for 30 seconds or so until it has completed a 360. Press the button again, remove fingers from ears, and the lid comes away with the opener, no sharp edges, perfect.
Apart from the noise. Did I mention it was loud?