Included with a Kindle Unlimited membership.
Have one to sell?
Follow the author
Something went wrong. Please try your request again later.
An Inspector Calls STUDY GUIDE: York Notes for GCSE (9-1): everything you need to catch up, study and prepare for 2022 and 2023 assessments and exams Paperback – 4 Aug. 2015
Note: This item is eligible for FREE Click and Collect without a minimum order subject to availability. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you subject to availability.
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
The complete and comprehensive way to support your studies and assessments in 2021 and exams in 2022.
- Get straight to the heart of the text with crystal-clear notes, focused analysis and expert summaries.
- Quickly demystify historical contexts and get to grips with the text’s form, language and structure.
- Efficiently unpick plots, contexts and themes and sharpen your memory of key facts, quotations and characters.
- Power up your essay-writing skills, learn how to write top-grade answers and feel fully ready and equipped to excel in any test or assessment.
- Publisher : Pearson Education; 1st edition (4 Aug. 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 88 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1447982169
- ISBN-13 : 978-1447982166
- Reading age : 14 - 17 years
- Dimensions : 20.6 x 0.6 x 29.2 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 1,395 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Follow authors to get new release updates, plus improved recommendations.
4.7 out of 5
1,281 global ratings
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 April 2017
I studied the book last year but my exam is this summer, so I had forgotten most of the stuff. Panicking, I ordered this revision guide. Didn't expect much from it at first because most revision guides I've used to date are frankly useless. But after reading this in one sitting along with the play, I surprised myself by being able to complete a past paper question from my exam board in 45 minutes. I found the 'Aiming High' sections particularly useful as they give you original ideas for thought and they link together different themes. There is not enough information for this to be your sole guide for the exam - you still need to read the play to draft your own analysis and interpretations. Nevertheless, at around 5 pounds, I'd say this is a bargain.
19 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 August 2017
The guide, although informative, only offers a narrative of the text rather than in depth analysis and I would therefore have to say that it is suited to grade 4-6 students. I would recommend this for someone wanting a quick overview of the play, however it is in no means a necessity for high level students as it simply relays information that they would most likely have gathered alone.
8 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 September 2017
DD says: "Helped a lot in passing mock exam. Had to use another revision guide as not all characters were developed enough. Gave me another way to look at the characters that I would not have thought of on my own."
3 people found this helpful
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 24 November 2015
Great book, I really found some of the ideas incredibly useful. Each part of the book is summarised really well if you happen to forget what took place in those pages. Also each character is analysed separately, which can be extremely useful. I used it to help me write my controlled assessment and I'm sure it will be a great source to help me for when my GCSE exam takes place in June. Well worth the money.
3 people found this helpful