Follow the author
How to Improve your Critical Thinking & Reflective Skills (Smarter Study Skills) Paperback – 12 Oct. 2012
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
New to the highly successful Smarter Study Skills series comes this essential guide to thinking and writing critically.
This easy-to-use guide identifies and addresses the key areas where most students need help in developing and enhancing the critical thinking and writing skills that are crucial to successful academic study, and provides practical tips and solutions. The authors use real life examples to illustrate common mistakes and demonstrate how to avoid them. They provide solid advice on enhancing analytical and argumentation skills by adopting best practice with critical thinking and reflective writing.
From the Publisher
From the Back Cover
Is there a secret to successful study? The answer is ‘yes’! There are some essential skills and smart strategies that will help you to improve your results at university.
This easy-to-use guide gives insights into the essential skills of critical thinking that are required for university: straightforward, practical tips and strategies that will enable you to think methodically, reflectively and creatively.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CRITICAL THINKING AND REFLECTIVE SKILLSprovides tips, tools and techniques for skills you will need to perform with excellence, including how to:
· adopt a logical approach to issues and problems
· assess your thoughts
· generate original ideas
· arrive at a viewpoint and defend it
· interpret data
· analyse the ideas of others
· make decisions and prioritise action
· think as part of a team
· put your own thoughts into words
· exploit feedback from lecturers
· transfer your thinking skills to a career
Visit www.smarterstudyskills.com to access a wealth of useful information, tips, templates and interactive activities that will support your skills development.
About the Author
Kathleen McMillan and Jonathan Weyers work within the University of Dundee’s Learning Centre and Academic Affairs Office respectively and have each been teaching for over 25 years and now specialize in supporting academic skills across both the arts and sciences.
- Publisher : Pearson; 1st edition (12 Oct. 2012)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 296 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0273773321
- ISBN-13 : 978-0273773320
- Dimensions : 13.34 x 1.91 x 20.96 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 18,263 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews: