|Product Dimensions||4.1 x 40 x 25.1 cm; 602.82 Grams|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required.|
|Manufacturer recommended age||4 years and up|
|Item model number||B2176348|
|Number of Game Players||1 or more|
|Number of pieces||1|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Release date||1 Nov. 2020|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Hasbro Gaming Classic Operation Game, Electronic Board Game with Cards, Indoor Game for Kids Ages 6 and Up
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Age range (description)||Kid|
|Number of players||1 or more|
About this item
- AVOID THE BUZZ: With the classic Operation electronic board game, kids get to play "the doctor" and perform "surgery" to make Cavity Sam better -- or they get the buzzer
- 12 WACKY AILMENTS: Help Cavity Sam with his wrenched ankle or writer’s cramp! This electronic game features the ailments parents may remember, including a wishbone, Charlie horse and Adam's apple
- EARN THE MOST MONEY TO WIN: Kids pick a Doctor card with an ailment to "operate" on. If they don’t set off the buzzer, they earn the amount of money shown on the back of that card
- NOSE LIGHTS UP: In this challenging and funny board game for kids ages 6 and up, if you touch the sides with the tweezers, Sam’s red nose lights up with a buzz
- PLAY SOLO OR WITH FRIENDS: It’s an easy indoor game for kids to play alone, or a fun party game with friends. It makes a great choice for game night or a fun homeschool break activity
Ages 4 and up For 1 or more players. Adult assembly required. Requires 2 1.5V"AA" alkaline batteries (demo batteries included).
What's in the box?
From the manufacturer
Hasbro Classic Operation Game
It's the classic family favourite with an updated look and funny ailments! Cavity Sam is feeling a bit under the weather, and kids will love to "operate" and make him better. Your child will grab the tweezers and giggle with delight trying to take out all of Cavity Sam's funny ailments without getting "buzzed"!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 July 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Contrary to what other buyers seem to have experienced, judging from their respective reviews, the game is neither too difficult nor to easy to play. The spaces where all the 'ailments' are supposed to be set are just narrow enough for the game to provide the player with some challenge, otherwise it would indeed be a walk in park! All the 'ailments' are included, as is a set of cards. That might be a variation to other versions of Operation as there is only one deck of ailment cards with an item description (in tongue-in-cheek verse) and the value that each 'extraction' will credit to the player(s). Therefore, those of you who are familiar with a distinction between 'doctor-' and 'specialist cards' may be disappointed. However, in actual practice, this differentiation just makes the game a tad simpler without any negative impact on gameplay enjoyability. In addition, the batteries needed are included as well.
On the negative sife of things, what prevented us from giving this version a full 5-star rating was the fact that the buzzer does not actually 'buzz'. Rather, the whole board vibrates every time the tweezers touch the metal frames but no sound is ever produced. At the time of writing this, the seller has been contacted and a relevant inquiry has been made regarding this issue as it might just be consistent with this version of the game. An update will be made as soon as we hear back from them.
All in all, this board game makes for a very enjoyable experience and this particular version is almost devoid of flaws, and at a good price too!
This used to be a fun game when I was a kid .... No Longer WHY ...
Because it is so cheaply made that it is virtually unplayable . Ruined our Christmas 😟.
The actual patient body is very badly finished with roug and sharp edges which make it virtually impossible to remove cheap tacky plastic body bits. These you have to press out of the casting sheet. All the edges are very poor and impossible to use without spending much time carefully cleaning up and forming their shapes with fine grit sandpaper. The same process then has to be done to the body ... Then and only then is it possible to play the game ... But because of the shoddy quality and poor finish it isn't fun anymore.😣
Search out a vintage version ... They were made to be played NOT JUST FOR A QUICK PROFIT.
Some of the body parts are physically impossible to remove as the holes are so small and they seem to go so far under the top layer that they are impossible to remove with the large and clumsy tweezers.
The actual body parts are also very very small, and they get lost so easily, a couple of the pieces are only 8mm square. One of the pieces is just an elastic band, at least this can be replaced when it gets lost.
The “cards” provided are little more than paper.
Our kids soon got frustrated with it and haven’t really played with it at all. A complete waste of money.
Poor value for money, much better games available for the price, look for something else.
Hit the like button.
By amazonlover on 15 July 2019
Hit the like button.