Follow the author
The Handbook for Nursing Associates and Assistant Practitioners Paperback – 9 Dec. 2019
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Enhance your purchase
The essential handbook for nursing associate students and anyone undertaking a foundation degree or higher-level apprenticeship in healthcare practice.
Now mapped to the latest NMC standards, this book provides you with the core knowledge and skills needed for your nursing associate studies, including study skills, professional development, leadership and teamwork, infection control and health promotion, bioscience, health sciences, mental health, learning disabilities, children and families.
Key features for the new edition:
- All content is in-line with the NMC’s ‘Standards of proficiency for Nursing Associates’ – with each chapter featuring an outline of the platforms covered, ensuring that nursing associates upon registration, will be able to effectively demonstrate these proficiencies and meet all outcome statements.
- New chapters on Public Health and Advanced Health Science: Genomics and Pathophysiology..
- Case studies and activities have been updated to aid discussion-based learning in the classroom and show students how the theory relates to real-life practice.
Written by a collection of experienced authors in nursing and health, the book is essential reading for anyone studying to be a nursing associate, assistant practitioner or healthcare support worker.
Special offers and product promotions
- Prime Student members get an extra 10% off a selection of books. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
From the Back Cover
About the Author
Deborah Gee is a Senior Lecturer and Course Lead for the Specialist Community Public Health Course (SCPHN) at Teesside University. In 2006, Deborah qualified as a registered nurse and has worked within a variety of settings including Neonatal Intensive Care and Community District Nursing. In 2010, Deborah completed her PGDip SCPHN qualification and has significant experience working with families and young children, assessing, and identifying their health needs and those of the wider population in her role as a health visitor. Deborah has an MSc in Education in Professional Practice; she is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy in addition to holding recognised teacher status with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Publisher : SAGE Publications Ltd; Second edition (9 Dec. 2019)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 456 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1526496186
- ISBN-13 : 978-1526496188
- Dimensions : 18.54 x 2.79 x 23.11 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 51,669 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Easy to read and understand information and concepts. Simplifies information so that it is easy to understand and remember.
Excellent book, worth every penny!
Would highly recommend.