Follow the author
Golf's Strangest Rounds: Extraordinary but true stories from over a century of golf Paperback – 14 April 2016
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
‘The most eccentric golf book ever’ Sports and Leisure Magazine
Golf’s Strangest Rounds is an absorbing collection of bizarre tales from the lengthy annals of the sport’s history. There are stories of tragedy, eccentricity, tactical slipups and ones that defy categorization altogether – meet ‘Mysterious Montague’, for example, one of the world’s best golfers but a man who refused ever to compete in a tournament. You’ll find plenty of golfing greats here – Gene Sarazen, Chip Beck, Greg Norman, Nick Faldo – all of whom have played their parts in irrational finishes, record rounds and famous freak shots. The tales within these pages are bizarre, fascinating, hilarious and, most importantly, true.
Fully revised, redesigned and updated, this book is the perfect gift for any golf fanatic.
Word count: 45,000
Special offers and product promotions
- Buy at least 4 items of your choice and save 5%. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Shop items
About the Author
Sports fanatic, journalist and inveterate chronicler of the weird, Andrew Ward is the author of Football’s Strangest Matches, Cricket’s Strangest Matches, Golf’s Strangest Rounds, Bridge’s Strangest Games and Horse Racing’s Strangest Races.
- Publisher : Portico; Reprint edition (14 April 2016)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1910232939
- ISBN-13 : 978-1910232934
- Dimensions : 12.9 x 1.7 x 19.8 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 9,870 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews: