Follow the Authors
First 100 Words UK Board Book Edition (Bright Baby First 100) Board book – 7 July 2005
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
Special offers and product promotions
- Buy at least 4 items of your choice and save 5%. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Shop items
From the Publisher
Get your baby off to a bright start with the First 100 Series
The First 100 series has become a must-have for any baby's bookshelf. Inside each book are over 100 photographs and accompanying text labels to help children develop word and picture association and build their vocabulary. Ideal to help children recognise first words and everyday objects
First 100 Words has sold over four million copies worldwide and is published in over 20 languages.
We have different formats available in series
- Soft To Touch - padded cover and a perfect size and feel for little hands
- Board Books - larger size, ideal to look through together
- Lift the Flap - Big board book format with flaps for young learners to lift and explore
First 100 Soft to Touch
- Soft padded covers for little hands to touch and hold
Titles in the series
- First 100 Words ISBN 9781849154208
- First 100 Numbers ISBN 9781849158916
- First 100 Animals ISBN 9781849154215
- First Numbers, Colours and Shapes ISBN 9781849154239
- First Farm Words ISBN 9781783414673
- First 100 Trucks ISBN 9781849154222
First 100 Board Books
Big format photographic board books that encourage picture recognition and early language skills.
Titles in the series
- First 100 Words ISBN 9781843322924
- First 100 Numbers ISBN 9781849156141
- First 100 Animals ISBN 9781843323440
- Colours ABC Numbers ISBN 9781783412020
First 100 Lift-The Flap
Each of these big board books have flaps for young learners to lift and explore
Titles in the series
- Lift the Flap First 100 Words 9781849159364
- Lift the Flap First 100 Numbers 9781783410248
- Lift the Flap First 100 Animals 9781783410590
- Lift the Flap First 100 Farm Words 9781783412846
- LIft the Flap First 100 Colours 9781783419654
- Publisher : Priddy Books (7 July 2005)
- Language : English
- Board book : 14 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1843322927
- ISBN-13 : 978-1843322924
- Reading age : 1 - 2 years, from customers
- Dimensions : 27.5 x 2 x 27.6 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 942 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the authors
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 May 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Each page has 9+ words/pictures in small squares. Maybe a bit much to expect a page a word, but it is far too overwhelming and makes it hard to be specific about which word we're talking about.
The word/picture choices are really strange. For instance a picture of a house with the word 'home'. Our home looks nothing like this so it's just confusing. The baby representing 'cry' looks more like he's laughing than the baby representing 'laugh'. Talking of which. All but three babies shown are boys. Admittedly it can be hard to tell at this age, but certainly the 'clothes' page are all male - the 'dress' picture is an empty gown.
There are other strange editorial choices such as making the 'kitten' three times the size of the 'cat' meaning it's near impossible to communicate that it's a baby cat. Some words like 'boat' are repeated. 'Flower' three times! Many photos are simply poor representations of the word. Imagine a rattle... The one they have is some weird square made up of wooden pieces. The 'stacking rings' photo is a full-length photo of a boy (of course) with a tiny toy by his feet. It's hard to make out what they are trying to show.
Much is not fit-for-purpose. But enough is fine, and the print quality good enough for 3 stars.
By Amazon Customer on 31 May 2018
By Emily on 2 April 2016
I think the graphic design of the book holds her attention much better than story books, which she can't read. And more importantly helps her to learn. Each page is based around a category with 9 photos of items within that category, such as food. The graphic blocks of colour help to separate and define each word with its photo.
I didn't realise how large it was, as I have another similar book in this range that is smaller, but it's a pleasant surprise. She returns to this book quite often, more often than the smaller one, and I think it's because it is large so the pictures are nice and clear, and babies like big things! The pages are nice and thick so there's no risk of tearing.
After a couple of weeks of reading this book together, at 14 months, she is really attempting to repeat the names of the items back to me. Not always perfectly clear, but the sounds are there.