Follow the Authors
Escape the Rooms (the laugh-out-loud funny and mind-blowingly brilliant book for kids!) Paperback – Illustrated, 10 Jun. 2021
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
A high-energy, laugh-out-loud, fully illustrated adventure story by much-loved actor Stephen Mangan and talented artist Anita Mangan.
“[Escape the Rooms] is richly imagined and deeply heartfelt, and Anita Mangan’s cartoonish and poignant illustrations capture the tone perfectly … It reminded me a little of The Wizard of Oz, with the children on a quest through different lands to get home.” Hadley Freeman, Guardian
“It’s been described as a cross between Alice in Wonderland and The Crystal Maze and it manages to feel both classic and modern at the same time.” Good Housekeeping
"A beautiful and exciting adventure that ignites the imagination" Edith Bowman
"A brilliant, clever, kind of genius book" Graham Norton, Virgin Radio
The last thing Jack expected when he bungee-jumped at the fairground was to go plummeting right through the ground into the weird, wonderful Rooms...
There he must face a series of puzzles and traps alongside a mysterious girl called Cally, in order for them to find their way home.
Throw in a murderous polar bear, hundreds of tiny yet ferocious lions, some mind-blowing riddles, and get ready for a hilarious, helter-skelter adventure like no other!
- Escape the Rooms follows two children dealing with loss on an amazing adventure.
- Wildly funny and endlessly surprising, Escape the Rooms is also a story about friendship, overcoming fears and being kind to yourself.
- Packed with fantastic pictures created by Stephen Mangan's sister, Anita
- Check out Stephen and Anita's next book, The Fart that Changed the World - out May 2022
Special offers and product promotions
- Buy at least 4 items of your choice and save 5%. Offered by Amazon.co.uk. Shop items
About the Author
- Publisher : Scholastic; 1st edition (10 Jun. 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 256 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1407193627
- ISBN-13 : 978-1407193625
- Reading age : 8 - 10 years, from customers
- Dimensions : 13 x 2 x 19.8 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 2,051 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
About the authors
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 2 February 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Fortunately all that misery went completely over my daughter's head and she seemed to enjoy their journey through the rooms solving the odd riddle.
It's not a brilliantly well written book, the illustrations are creepy and it's not funny.
keeps asking me when there will be another book by this author.
By RachelCo on 2 February 2022