Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Emily Ralls
• The early thinkers who contributed to psychological ideas and the birth of modern psychology
• Famous (and often controversial) experiments and their repercussions
• What psychology can teach us about memory, language, conformity, reasoning and emotions
• The ethics of psychological studies
• Recent developments in the modern fields of evolutionary and cyber psychology.
This illuminating little book will introduce you to the key thinkers, themes and theories you need to know to understand how the study of mind and behaviour has sculpted the world we live in and the way we think today.
How do we learn? What is memory? How do we know how to behave?
The formal study of psychology as a scientific enterprise began in Germany in the late 19th century but the observation of human behaviour dates back to Ancient Greece. Defined as the scientific study of behaviour and mental processes, psychology has attained a range of branches including clinical, cognitive, developmental, evolutionary, forensic, health and neuropsychology. In a wide ranging, highly illustrated book, readers are introduced to the world of psychology and those who formed the science as we know it.
With discussion of a number of key ideas including prejudice and discrimination, social cognition, how we develop attitudes and why and how we fall in love, as well as reference to the people who developed these ideas, the book is an accessible guide to this fascinating subject.