|Package Dimensions||51.2 x 42.4 x 18.3 cm; 4.7 Kilograms|
|Power / Wattage||40 watts|
|Number of Speeds||4|
|Carpet Cleaning Performance Class||A|
|Hard Floor Cleaning Performance Class||A|
|Compatible Models||Smartphones, Amazon Echo, Google Home|
|Special Features||❶【On-demand Live Video Stream from your moving DEEBOT for a new level of monitoring and reassurance.】 ❷【With the upgraded AIVI™ technology，multiple obstacles can be recognized with 2X faster identification speed.】 ❸【Maps your home with 4x accuracy】 ❹【Powerful OZMO Pro Oscillating Mopping System】 ❺【With 5200mAh battery, DEEBOT cleans up to 3+ hours per charge. Ideal for large homes and spaces.】, 【Carpet Detection / Map Generated by App / FW OTA / Voice Report / Time Scheduling / Continuous Cleaning / Advanced Map Function / Dust Bin Detection / Water Level Adjustment / Floating Main Brush】|
|Item Weight||4.7 kg|
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £60.39
- WHAT'S COVERED: Immediate protection against accidental damage, along with cover for breakdowns and faults not covered by the seller/manufacturer warranty.
- 99% CLAIMS ACCEPTED (avg. Aug-21 to Jul-22): Upon a successful claim, if your product can't be repaired it will either be replaced or we'll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- NO ADDED COSTS: No excess to pay or any charges for postage, parts, labour or callout.
- CANCEL ANYTIME: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms by following the links provided. Cover is for UK residents aged 18 years and over.
Ecovacs DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Mop (Smart AIVI Object Recognition, Advanced dToF Laser Detection, On-demand Video Manager, OZMO™ Pro Oscillating Mopping System, 180min Run-Time)
Receive 1 ECOVACS Accessories Replacement Set (main brush/side brushes/fine dust filters) free when you purchase 1 or more ECOVACS DEEBOT T8 AIVI offered by ECOVACS ROBOTICS UK. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Surface recommendation||Low-pile Carpets & Hard Floors|
|Special feature||❶【On-demand Live Video Stream from your moving DEEBOT for a new level of monitoring and reassurance.】 ❷【With the upgraded AIVI™ technology，multiple obstacles can be recognized with 2X faster identification speed.】 ❸【Maps your home with 4x accuracy】 ❹【Powerful OZMO Pro Oscillating Mopping System】 ❺【With 5200mAh battery, DEEBOT cleans up to 3+ hours per charge. Ideal for large homes and spaces.】, 【Carpet Detection / Map Generated by App / FW OTA / Voice Report / Time Scheduling / Continuous Cleaning / Advanced Map Function / Dust Bin Detection / Water Level Adjustment / Floating Main Brush】 See more|
|Controller type||App / Voice / Button Control|
About this item
- 1.【Advanced object detection & avoidance】AIVI Technology identifies, recognizes, and intelligently decides what to do around obstacles like shoes and cables so you don't need to clean before cleaning. DEEBOT offers faster and more accurate object identification, identifying obstacles 200% faster than other ECOVACS products.
- 2.【On-demand Live Video Stream】Monitor your home with streaming HD video. Drive DEEBOT through the app to any area of your home to look in on pets, check for open doors or windows, and reach those spaces your home security cameras aren't able to. You can also capture still images and use the built-in speaker to speak through DEEBOT, bringing you a new level of monitoring and reassurance.
- 3.【Precision Laser Mapping and Navigation】TrueMapping combines precision laser technology and advanced dTOF sensors to map your home 4X faster than standard laser mapping, with a 2X increase in detection distance, and the ability to detect objects down to the 2mm. With the detailed interactive map created, new levels of cleaning efficiency and customization are achievable using the ECOVACS Home App.
- 4.【Powerful OZMO Pro Oscillating Mopping System】Enables robots to deal with stubborn stains 5X more efficient than human by using electrically powered high-frequency vibration that works 480 times/min which simulates a rigorous scrubbing motion, and a unique fine mopping mode comparable to OZMO products, you can say bye to the stubborn stains.
- 5.【Up to 3 hours of runtime & more specifics】With an industry-leading 5200 mAh battery, ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI can work for 3 hours and clean large areas of up to 300 sqm easily. More features: Virtual boundaries / Multiple floors / Cleaning by room or area / Max+ Mode / Carpet Detection Technology / App Control / Smart Home Device Compatibility / Continuous Clean / OTA updates.
- 6.【What’s New-Continuous Cleaning is now even smarter!】If the battery gets low before finishing a cleaning cycle, DEEBOT intelligently calculates the workload and returns to recharge. Once DEEBOT has just the amount of battery power needed for the remaining job, it will automatically continue cleaning where it left off.
- 7.【What You Get】1 Robot; 1 OZMO Pro; 1 Charging dock; 4 Side Brushes; 1 Reservoir; 1 Cleaning Cloth; 5 Disposal Cleaning Cloth; 1 Cloth Plate; 2 High Efficiency Filter; 1 Cleaning Tool; 1 instruction manual; 2-year worry-free warranty and local after-sale service. Compatible with Auto-Empty Station (Not Included, need to buy it seperately).
Customer ratings by feature
Special offers and product promotions
- Receive 1 ECOVACS Accessories Replacement Set (main brush/side brushes/fine dust filters) free when you purchase 1 or more ECOVACS DEEBOT T8 AIVI offered by ECOVACS ROBOTICS UK. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Compare with similar items
What's in the box?
From the brand
OZMO Pro Oscillating Mopping System
Precise Water Flow Control
The carpet detection technology allows DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI to intelligently and automatically:
keeping the cleaning experience completely automated and thorough for users.
Precise Customised Cleaning
- Ability to draw out designated areas that need the most attention on the map of your home.
- Ability to see the exact size of the target cleaning area and let the robot finish the task more precisely.
- Ability to rename, divide and merge areas as well as schedule area-specific cleaning tasks.
- Ability to customize specific suction power, water flow and cleaning frequency, cleaning sequence for each room, totally clean by your wish.
5200 m(A)h High Battery Capacity
With a larger battery of 5200 m(A)h, 3 levels adjustmentable suction power, DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI can work for 180 mins and clean large areas of up to 300 sqm easily.
Smart Home Integration
Use your voice for hands-free control with Google Assistant or Alexa, like “Alexa, ask DEEBOT to start cleaning.
By using ‘Over The Air’ technology. You can just update your APP to get the functions optimized and extended.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 28 December 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
When it arrived I gave it a quick charge and performed the setup via the app, which was really quick and painless. It found the robot immediately, accepted my wifi password first time and allowed me to choose a name, which I have unimaginatively chosen as Ozmo. So far so good. How Ecovacs have got away with using a logo in the app that is the spitting image of the cleaner robot from Wall-E I don't know, but aside from that the app works as it should and the UX, although room for improvement, allows me to do what I need to with relatively little frustration or dead ends. I'm able to use the camera on the robot (only when it's not cleaning) to patrol the house and check up on my toddler (who loves it by the way), which has actually saved me from adding a couple of additional static cameras in the playroom. I can also see how long the robot has cleaned, how much area it has covered, and how much battery remains. Finally it allows me to set a schedule and set various settings for cleaning, including cleaning patterns, how many cleaning iterations it should do and also to set the power of the vacuum and amount of water used when mopping. The app communicates with the robot pretty instantly, though it's not always up to date when you check up on where the robot is and how much of the floor it's covered already, and I also don't get push notifications, though I believe that's due to my terrible HuaWei.
Final thing to say about the app is that it wasn't super intuitive to set up multi floors, but it does do it. I'm not about to spend this kind of money on two robots for my two storey house so it was important that it had the ability to create two maps, one for each floor, and I set about this in the app. It turns out this is all done seamlessly by the robot without any user intervention - it should recognise that it is positioned in a new location when you set it down on another floor and go about mapping out the new area. However, when I did this it didn't save the map at the end, so it only ever showed one floor as being mapped. I deleted all maps and started again and this time it all worked, it just would have been useful to pick up the phone and ask questions about this to a product expert (more on that later).
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
This is an area I was a little confused by. In my box I seemed to receive an additional mopping attachment, although there was already some kind of attachment connected to the vacuum that had a water inlet. Though I'm still not completely clear, I think this is some kind of pro cleaning attachment that may have previously been sold separately and now comes included, as there is no mention of it in the manual that came with it, or the digital one found in the app. This pro attachment has a plate that vigorously moves back and forth to scrub the floor like a mop as it goes. Aside from that it had everything I needed to be up and running, apart from the auto empty station which I believe will be available on Amazon some time in 2021 and will mean I will only need to empty the bin every 30 days, instead of every cleaning cycle. Though this is a small price to pay as it's a very small and easy task thanks to the good design of the dust box and locking mechanism.
The pro mop attachment is good, though probably the weakest part of the product. I found that I am having to make it do two cycles, on max water setting, to really look like the floor has been cleaned. It does struggle with dried on food like baked beans, but does a reasonable job on my tiled floor and it generally looks cleaner once it's finished. But if mopping is your primary goal then there are other options on the market, but given this is included on the unit I think I will keep using it see how it goes, I'm certainly not rushing to buy an additional robot just for mopping.
The amount of dust I empty at the end of each cycle shows just how much it is picking up so I think it's doing a really good job at vacuuming. It navigates round my house fairly efficiently and, although it does on occasion take an odd route, it rarely skips an area completely as evidenced by the map displayed on the app during and after it is cleaning. Its low height means it cleans under my sofas and beds, which is something I only do on occasions because of the hassle of moving everything, so I generally live a cleaner life now. The AI I'm sure will improve but so far I have not been completely convinced by its ability to identify objects. In particular it does struggle with cables and has managed to get stuck, or even pull over a floor standing lamp, when it's caught itself on the power cord. So I have now gone round the house and mounted all cables and power extension cables on the wall so that it doesn't get stuck on them. This initially felt like a massive hassle but actually means dust won't collect in these areas and they will actually get cleaned, where previously I would skip over these with my hoover. You could also just mark these in the app as 'no go zones' if you wanted to, I just took the opportunity to do some cable tidying.
After it arrived I gave it a quick charge and it did a few laps of the house before it ran out of battery. Sadly, manually placing it back on the charging dock did not charge it and the call to the repair centre suggested it was probably a hardware fault. However, performing a reset on the robot myself appeared to get it back up and running again and it has now done many rounds of the house and charged itself at the end of each cleaning cycle so I think the problem is now resolved. It was frustrating to not be able to speak to a product expert; the repair centre number in the app is really just that, only interested in repairs rather than questions about the product itself or the mobile app. This is an area of weakness for the company for me. However, to their credit, they have been responsive over email and have reached out to provide me with post sales support, which has been excellent. Email support can generally be difficult with tech products like this so I hope it's not something I will need to rely on too often, but in my experience so far they have been able to deal with my issue efficiently and courteously so I am grateful for that.
I would recommend the product to others looking for a robotic vacuum cleaner and, although I have no point of comparison, I think it is well priced for what it does. It's just a shame it can't do the stairs!
Navigation is amazingly good. I also have the similarly priced Roomba i7 and not only does the T8 map faster and more accurately than the i7 it cleans the house in one pass in about 70 minutes. The i7 can take nearly 4 hours as it wastes so much time hitting walls, chairs, tables and other things it should know are there that is has to go recharge for an hour and a half in the middle of the run.
Obstacle avoidance is also spot on. I don't have to worry if I know i've left something on the floor when I hear it kick off on it's schedule. Unlike the i7 where startup induces a mild panic and run around the house looking for things it will inevitably get stuck on.
The app is feature comparible to the Roomba app but has the advantage of showing you in realtime where the bot is while it's cleaning. I have had some issues where the map will get corrupt and start overlaying slightly rotated versions ontop of the original but that seems to have been resolved with an update and hasn't happened again.
Vacuuming performance is great, it really gets into the nooks and crannies without getting stuck, follows edges well and suction/cleaning is really good.
The non-pro mop is totally useless, but since it also comes with the pro version it doesn't matter. The mop is pretty good for routine cleaning, it really doesn't deep clean or handle muddy paw prints. It certainly won't replace a good steam mopping but it's fine for light duty. I wouldn't buy this just for it's mopping ability, it seems more like a nice bonus than a core competency.
The T8 really can't handle pet hair, it very quickly clogs the brush and the castor wheel requiring cleaning after every run as they're completely overloaded with hair. I've seen reviews mention this problem and suggest just running the T8 more often but with my long haired dog even daily isn't enough to keep the brush and wheel free. The castor might be a bigger problem long term, it clogs easily so frequently needs cleaned but the way it's made means it's really difficult to service and you need to pop the axle out of the housing which is a pretty soft plastic, deforming it over time. The i7 castor in comparison slides out easily and the wheel is open from the underside making cleaning a breeze.
I also have the self empty station for the T8 and it's basically useless for me. The emptying ports are tiny compared to the i7 and it's never successfully emptied if the bin has any realistic amount of hair or fluff in it. I suspect the fact it has small dual ports instead of one large one also makes this worse as the air will take the easy way out and not pull the contents along with it. It's not just pet hair that causes the problem either, if I use the T8 upstairs where it's fully carpeted the bin fills up with fluff from the carpet and it can't self empty. The i7 in comparison hasn't had a single blockage when emptying.
For me if I didn't have a dog or lots of carpet the T8 would win hands down. It's just a generation ahead of the Roomba in every way apart from it's ability to handle hair. However as it's not really viable for me I've replaced it with a Roomba S9 but every day as the S9 bounces along the wall in it's vain attempt to go in a straight line I do wish the T8 could have handled pet hair a bit better.