|Product Dimensions||7.98 x 2.18 x 0.23 cm; 16.72 Grams|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Ion batteries required.|
|Item model number||CT500P5PSSD8|
|Hard Drive Size||500 GB|
|Hard Disk Description||Solid State Drive|
|Hard Drive Interface||NVMe|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2 Kilowatt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries packed with equipment|
|Lithium Battery Weight||2 Grams|
|Number Of Lithium Ion Cells||5|
|Number of Lithium Metal Cells||5|
|Item Weight||16.7 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £2.99
- WHAT'S COVERED: Immediate protection against accidental damage, along with cover for breakdowns and faults not covered by the seller/manufacturer warranty.
- 99% CLAIMS ACCEPTED (avg. Aug-21 to Jul-22): Upon a successful claim, if your product can't be repaired it will either be replaced or we'll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- NO ADDED COSTS: No excess to pay or any charges for postage, parts, labour or callout.
- CANCEL ANYTIME: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms by following the links provided. Cover is for UK residents aged 18 years and over.
Crucial P5 Plus CT500P5PSSD8 500GB (PCIe 4.0, 3D NAND, NVMe, M.2 Gaming SSD) up to 6600MB/s
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Digital storage capacity||500 GB|
|Hard disk interface||NVMe|
|Hard disk form factor||2.5 Centimetres|
|Hard disk description||Solid State Drive|
|Installation type||Internal Hard Drive|
|Hard disk size||500 GB|
|Specific uses for product||Gaming|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PCIe 4.0 NVMe technology with up to 6600MB/s sequential reads, random read/write 360K/700K IOPS
- Engineered for hardcore gamers, professionals, creatives who demand high-performance computing, works well with PS5 and has Heatsink compatibility
- Built on our own leading Micron Advanced 3D NAND and innovative controller technology
- Rated at MTTF greater than 2 million hours for extended longevity and reliability
- 5-year limited warranty or up to the max endurance rating of 300TBW
From the manufacturer
Crucial P5 Plus SSD
Are you ready for next-gen performance? The Crucial P5 Plus SSD delivers remarkable speed and data protection with sequential reads up to 6600MB/s¹ for transformative computing. Engineered by Micron with the latest Gen4 NVMe technology, the Crucial P5 Plus includes advanced features like full hardware-based encryption, dynamic write acceleration, and adaptive thermal protection to keep your data safe while enhancing system reliability. Designed specifically for intensive workloads, high-quality creative content, and hardcore gaming, the P5 Plus is also backward compatible with most Gen3 systems for ultimate flexibility.
When performance and reliability are critical, build your rig with our Micron Advanced NAND and PCIe 4.0 NVMe technology. Our Crucial P5 Plus is nearly 2x³ faster than our previous generation and boasts read speeds up to 6600MB/s¹. The P5 Plus is developed, manufactured, and tested with Micron for end-to-end quality you can trust.
Get More Done
With cutting-edge technology and stability, the P5 Plus is perfect for intensive uses like gaming, video editing, content creation, and demanding engineering applications.
The P5 Plus offers flexibility. Whether you need an SSD for a Gen3 system upgrade or a new Gen4 build, the P5 Plus is compatible with both. Experience faster boot ups, apps that open in seconds, and games that load as soon as you're ready to play.
Combine performance and durability with the advanced features of our P5 Plus, including industry-leading NAND, innovative controller technology, adaptive thermal protection, dynamic write acceleration, error correction, and encryption capability. All Crucial SSDs also come with our Storage Executive and free cloning software.
|Crucial P5 Plus SSD||Crucial P3 Plus SSD||Crucial P3 SSD||Crucial P2 SSD||Crucial MX500 SSD||Crucial BX500 SSD|
|Capacity²||500GB, 1TB, 2TB||500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB||500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB||250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB||250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB||240GB, 480GB, 1TB, 2TB|
|Form Factor||M.2||M.2||M.2||M.2||2.5 inch||2.5 inch|
|Interface||NVMe PCIe||NVMe PCIe||NVMe PCIe||NVMe PCIe||SATA||SATA|
|Sequential Read Speed¹||Up to 6600MB/s||Up to 5000MB/s||Up to 3500MB/s||Up to 2400MB/s||Up to 560MB/s||Up to 540MB/s|
|Sequential Write Speed¹||Up to 5000MB/s||Up to 4200MB/s||Up to 3000MB/s||Up to 1900MB/s||Up to 510MB/s||Up to 500MB/s|
|Optimal For||Fast Gen4 NVMe storage for high-performance computing and hardcore PC/console gaming||Designers, Editors, Creatives, gamers, and professionals with heavy workloads||DIYers, casual gamers, professionals, and entry-level designers||Gamers, professionals, entry-level designers||Professionals, upgraders & college students||Universal, value-conscious users|
1. Typical I/O performance numbers as measured using CrystalDiskMark with a queue depth of 128 and write cache enabled. Fresh out-of-box (FOB) state is assumed. For performance measurement purposes, the SSD may be restored to FOB state using the secure erase command. System variations will affect measured results. When installed in a Gen3 system, typical read/write speeds are 3300/2700MB/s.
2. Some of the storage capacity is used for formatting and other purposes and is not available for data storage. 1GB equals 1 billion bytes. Not all capacities available at initial launch.
3. Mean time to failure (MTTF) can be predicted based on component reliability data using the methods referenced in the Telcordia SR-332 reliability prediction procedures for electronic equipment and is validated in Reliability Demonstration Test (RDT).
Compare with similar items
| || |
Crucial P2 CT500P2SSD8 SSD Internal 500GB, Speeds up to 2400MB/s (3D NAND, NVMe, PCIe, M.2)
Samsung 980 1 TB PCIe 3.0 (up to 3.500 MB/s) NVMe M.2 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V8V1T0BW)
WD_BLACK SN850 500GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe Gaming SSD up to 7000 MB/s read speed
WD_BLACK SN770 500GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe Gaming SSD up to 5000 MB/s read speed
WD_BLUE SN570 500GB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 NVMe up to 3500 MB/s read speed
|Shipping||FREE Delivery . Delivery Details||FREE Delivery . Delivery Details||FREE Delivery . Delivery Details||FREE Delivery . Delivery Details||FREE Delivery . Delivery Details||FREE Delivery . Delivery Details|
|Data Transfer Rate||6600 MB per second||2300 MB per second||3500 Mb per second||7000 Mb per second||0 MB per second||0 MB per second|
|Digital Storage Capacity||500 GB||500 GB||1 TB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB|
|Flash Memory Installed||500 TB||500 GB||1 GB||500||500 GB||500 GB|
|Hard Disk Size||500 GB||500 GB||1 TB||2 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|Item Dimensions||7.98 x 2.18 x 0.23 cm||7.98 x 0.2 x 2.18 cm||8.01 x 2.21 x 0.24 cm||8 x 2.2 x 0.24 cm||8 x 2.21 x 0.24 cm||8 x 2.21 x 0.24 cm|
|Item Weight||16.73 grams||17 grams||8 grams||7.37 grams||5.44 grams||6.35 grams|
|Memory Storage Capacity||500 GB||500 GB||250 GB||500 GB||500 GB||500 GB|
|Read Speed||6600 MB per second||2400 MB||3500 MB per second||7000 MB per second||5000 MB per second||3500 MB per second|
What's in the box?
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 January 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After watching a simple guide to installing it & (at first) wrestling with the side of the ps5 to open it up, installation went like a dream, very easy, and the fact my heatsink came with a magnetised screwdriver helped no end.
As soon as my ps5 rebooted I was told I needed to format my new drive which took only a few seconds, and then the 1 time moving of all my games onto the new SSD which didn't take more than 10 minutes - pretty fast!
Having used it I can't really see any downsides.... Fast as the internal, allows me more games that load far fast than normal, at the time of buying it was cheaper than any other 1tb drive that was ps5 compatable and so far no problems at all. Perfect.
A great drive for your ps5 but make sure do your homework for the heatsink & installation to save you time & possibly money too.
The smart advice, to speed up any computer, was always to add more memory, but even that only gets you so far. Mechanical hard disk drives have a limit to how quickly they can read and write data, and it is this that is now the primary reason for many PCs being slow. As a result, I'd spent some time looking at SSD drives, and how they could benefit me
In the end, I settled on the Crucial P5 Plus. Partly because it gave me 1TB of storage, and partly because it is PCIe4 compatible. My current motherboard is only PCIe3, but my plan is to upgrade it sooner rather than later, so the P5 Plus gives me some future proofing built in.
Installation was simple, even after fitting a 3rd party heatsink to reduce the heat under stress. Check your motherboard compatibility first, for a couple of reasons. The P5 Plus is a PCIe device, and some SSD cards are SATA. Your motherboard may accept either type, but many don't, so make sure you have the right one. Also, not all motherboards have the fixing screw and spacer needed to secure the device in place, and Crucial don't supply them either. Assuming yours does, or you bought it separately, installation is as simple as can be. Simply insert the P5 Plus carefully into the M2 socket, and secure with the screw. The screw needs only to be just tight enough. Over tightening can damage both the SSD and your motherboard.
Once I had migrated my OS to the P5 Plus, it became the time to test how quick it was. I'd done some testing with the existing hard drive, which took over 3 minutes to boot from cold, and just over 2 minutes from sleep, before the PC was fully usable.
With the P5 Plus, the difference is eye watering. Now, from a cold boot, the PC is fully booted and usable in about 35 seconds. From sleep, it takes less than 10 seconds. Starting programmes is now almost instant, and reading/writing even the largest files takes no time at all.
It is no exaggeration to say the P5 Plus has revolutionised the way I work. Had I known it would be this good, I would have upgraded years ago. SSD cards are getting cheaper every day, but you'll be pushed to find one that offers the same level of value for money that you get with the Crucial P5 Plus. It's well worth the investment and will make your PC feel like a new machine, for surprisingly little money.
I have a spare PCIe slot on my motherboard, and I plan to add a second P5 Plus to that slot in time. It won't be as fast as the M2 card, as it will need to share the available bandwidth with the graphics card but, as a non-OS drive, I'm okay with that.
If you are a serious computer user, you need one of these.
As I only had 1 M2 slot I had to jump some hoops to install it and clone the operating system to it ... the Crucial supplied s/w was useless as it required both SSDs to be installed, so don't bother unless you have a spare M2 slot or adapter.
My approach from an internet search was:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (Free version fine)
2) Run it and Create Restore Media to USB disk (4 or 8Gb fine) or CD, and create a image backup of your SSD (all partitions) to another disk, e.g. USB drive or second internal disk
3) Power Down and disconnect power lead
4) Swap out the old SSD and replace with new one ... your computer's service manual will be useful here!
5) Reconnect and boot from the Restore Media device
6) Restore image to new SSD (all partitions): note on the restore dialog starts, drag each partition to the target manually, this will allow you to adjust the size of the main partition via its partition properties to utilise the larger disk size
7) Exit and once PC shuts down remove the restore media and re-boot.
All being well, you will now be booted from new new, hopefully faster and bigger SSD .. Enjoy!
By eire on 1 January 2022