|Product Dimensions||10.3 x 0.71 x 7 cm; 10 Grams|
|Batteries||1 Unknown batteries required.|
|Item model number||CT1000MX500SSD1|
|Form Factor||2.5" SSD|
|RAM Size||1 TB|
|Hard Drive Size||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Description||Solid State Drive|
|Hard Drive Interface||Serial ATA-600|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Item Weight||10 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £3.49
- From the moment your product’s delivered it will be covered for accidental damage and any mechanical/electrical faults not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Cover is for UK residents who are over 18 years old.
- No added costs when making a claim; no excess to pay or any charges for parts, labour or callout.
- Easy to make a claim by phone or email. If your product can’t be repaired, it will either be replaced or we’ll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel anytime: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms and conditions by following the link(s) provided. Please note that another insurance product which has different terms might be available on our website when accessed on a laptop or desktop PC.
Crucial MX500 1 TB CT1000MX500SSD1-Up to 560 MB/s (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch, Internal SSD), Black
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Digital storage capacity||1 TB|
|Hard disk interface||Serial ATA-600|
|Hard disk form factor||2.5 Inches|
|Hard disk size||1 TB|
|Form Factor||2.5" SSD|
|Read speed||560 Megabytes Per Second|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s and random reads/writes up to 95k/90k on all file types
- Accelerated by Micron 3D NAND technology
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity preserves all your saved work if the power unexpectedly gets cut
- AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption keeps data safe and secure from hackers and thieves
- Dynamic write acceleration delivers faster saves and file transfers
From the manufacturer
- Speed: Sequential reads/writes up to 560/510MB/s¹
- Capacities: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB²
- Interface/Form Factor: SATA 6Gb/s 2.5-inch (7mm)
- Energy Efficient: 45x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive³
- Award Winning: 16+ awards from reviewers worldwide
Quality you can trust
Every time you turn on your computer, you’re using your storage drive. It holds all your irreplaceable files and it loads and saves almost everything your system does. Join more and more people who are keeping their family videos, travel photos, music and important documents on an SSD, and get the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with solid state storage.
Upgrade with the Crucial MX500 SSD, a drive built on quality, speed, and security that’s all backed by helpful service and support. Even if you’ve never installed an SSD, don’t sweat it — our step-by-step guide walks you through the process to make installation easy.
Fly through everything you do
Start your system in seconds, load files almost instantly, and accelerate the most demanding applications with the Crucial MX500. Our dynamic write acceleration technology uses an adaptable pool of high-speed single-level cell flash memory to generate blistering speeds.
Store up to 4TB of data²
Save massive amounts of photos, music, and videos comfortably and securely. With fast access to your media, creations, and designs, you’re ready to share at the speed of your life.
Enjoy the efficiency of Micron 3D NAND
Our cutting-edge components are engineered from start to finish for efficiency. As a result, the Crucial MX500 uses only a minimal amount of power and still delivers a high cost-to-performance ratio — without needing a financing plan to pay for it. Experience a faster, cooler, and quieter computer in your home or business. You’ll wonder how you ever put up with a hard drive.
Upgrade with a drive you can count on
Backed by thousands of hours of pre-release validation, dozens of qualification tests, and a heritage of award-winning SSDs, the Crucial MX500 has been thoroughly tried, tested and proven. Secure your most important files on a drive with established dependability and the advanced features MX500 SSDs are known for.
Install with confidence
For many people, opening a computer and transferring data seems terrifying. That’s why we’ve made it easy in the step-by-step Crucial SSD Install Guide. Check it out before you buy, then install your own SSD quickly with everything transferred over successfully and hassle free.
Micron Quality — a Higher Level of Reliability.
Micron redefines what’s possible with innovative technology that shapes how we use data in all areas of life. Crucial’s unique integration with Micron means our memory and storage components are designed, tested, and refined at every stage of the production process.
- Typical I/O performance numbers as measured using IOMeter with a queue depth of 32 and write cache enabled. Fresh out-of-the-box (FOB) state is assumed. For performance measurement purposes, the SSD may be restored to FOB state using the secure erase command. System variations will affect measured results.
- Some of the storage capacity is used for formatting and other purposes and is not available for data storage. 1GB equals 1 billion bytes. Not all capacities available at initial launch.
- Active average power use comparison based on published specs of the 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD and the 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EZEX internal hard drive. All other capacities of the Crucial MX500 SSD have comparable active average power consumption specs.
|Crucial P5 Plus SSD||Crucial P3 Plus SSD||Crucial P3 SSD||Crucial P2 SSD||Crucial MX500 SSD||Crucial BX500 SSD|
|Capacity¹||500GB, 1TB, 2TB||500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB||500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB||250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB||250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4TB||240GB, 480GB, 1TB, 2TB|
|Form Factor||M.2||M.2||M.2||M.2||2.5 inch||2.5 inch|
|Interface||NVMe PCIe||NVMe PCIe||NVMe PCIe||NVMe PCIe||SATA||SATA|
|Sequential Read Speed²||Up to 6600MB/s||Up to 5000MB/s||Up to 3500MB/s||Up to 2400MB/s||Up to 560MB/s||Up to 540MB/s|
|Sequential Write Speed²||Up to 5000MB/s||Up to 4200MB/s||Up to 3000MB/s||Up to 1900MB/s||Up to 510MB/s||Up to 500MB/s|
|Optimal For||Fast Gen4 NVMe storage for high-performance computing and hardcore gaming||Designers, Editors, Creatives, gamers, and professionals with heavy workloads||DIYers, casual gamers, professionals, and entry-level designers||Gamers, professionals, entry-level designers||Professionals, upgraders & college students||Universal, value-conscious users|
Compare with similar items
| || |
Crucial BX500 1TB CT1000BX500SSD1-Up to 540 MB/s (Internal SSD, 3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch) , Black
Crucial MX500 1 TB CT1000MX500SSD1(Z)-Up to 560 MB/s (3D NAND, SATA, 2.5 Inch, Internal SSD), Grey
SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, Up to 535 MB/s, Black
WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD 2.5 Inch SATA - 1 TB, Blue - High Performance
SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB up to 560MB/s Read / up to 530MB/s Write, Black
|Sold By||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||Box Online Technology Store||Spring Distributors||Amazon.co.uk||MyMemory|
|Data Transfer Rate||560 MB per second||540 MB per second||6 Gb per second||6 Gb per second||6 Gb per second||50 Mb per second|
|Device Type||Internal||Internal Drive||Internal||—||—||Internal|
|Digital Storage Capacity||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|Flash Memory Installed||1 TB||1||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|Hard Disk Size||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1000 GB||1 TB||1000 GB|
|Item Dimensions||10.3 x 0.71 x 7 cm||10.03 x 0.69 x 6.98 cm||10.3 x 0.71 x 7 cm||0.71 x 10.06 x 6.98 cm||10.03 x 6.98 x 0.71 cm||0.71 x 10.06 x 6.98 cm|
|Item Weight||10 grams||55 grams||9.07 grams||31.75 grams||37 grams||0.53 grams|
|Memory Storage Capacity||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1500 GB||0 GB||1024 GB|
|Optical Storage Write Speed||510 MB/s||510 MB per second||510 MB/s||450||530MB/s||530|
|Read Speed||560 MB per second||540 MB per second||560 MB per second||535 MB per second||560 MB per second||560 MB per second|
|Size||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
What's in the box?
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 October 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Originally I gave this ssd a five star review as installation of window 10 went fine and I had no problems at first but after about 17 days I restarted my pc to find windows wouldn't boot and It just kept booting into bios so I ran windows repair, this allowed me to boot into windows but 2 days later same thing happened again but this time it was unable to repair....
I've never had a problem with this copy of Windows I've used it many time's on many machines never an issue but I had to format and install windows again witch went fine until it restarted during usual driver installation then I was back to no OS detected I used windows cd got into windows ran error check no problems found with windows rebooted and I was back to bios tried force boot this worked once then did nothing so I installed windows again this was actually the 4th time I've installed windows on this ssd in less than 4 weeks but it's happening again during installation reboots I had to keep shutting pc to finish the install and last night I tried opening a picture on my desktop but was told unable to open due to hdd file corruption yet file check says everythings fine after a few tries it opened fine so I'm almost 100% certain there is a big problem with this ssd my pc worked brilliant for 3 years on a cheap 120gb ssd that still continues to work fine I just needed more space on my OS drive so upgraded I changed no settings in my bios other than boot order during installation and if I plug in my old ssd my pc work's great again!!
Since I last installed Windows I've had to keep putting pc to sleep because I'm actually semi disabled an I fair shouting it down will mean i may not get it running again and I have no TV or dvd in my house everything runs through the pc so it's become a bit of a problem to point I'm going to pay someone to install my old ssd so I can send this one back for a refund i just wish I'd acted sooner unfortunately it's taken 4 weeks and 3 days to make sure it was the ssd that's defective but hopefully I will be able to get a refund as I feel unease about using this brand again and I really can't keep formatting my pc it's to much stress 😔....
My original review is below. I do recommend the drives again but only with the proviso that I may edit this review again in the future if one of the drives fails again. I hope not. I do recommend these drives but except to wait quite a considerable amount of time and effort waiting for a replacement drive. They are very cheap drives when on sale and are very good for the money. I just question the quality of said drives since the failure. Do buy them if you want an affordable drive. If you want guaranteed quality no matter the cost then I recommend Samsung drives over Crucial.
Bought two in October of 2020.
They worked great for about 8 months.
Just today (9th June 2021) one of the drives died. Completely stone cold dead.
I tried power cycling the drive to see if it would come back to life.
Alas it never did. I had to RMA a drive that is 8 months old. 8 MONTHS and it's dead already!
My boot SSD & Hard Drive have been in my computer for over 4 years and have yet to show any signs of slowing down. This drive that I buy suddenly decides it wants to stop working.
I restarted the PC and entered the Bios and pointed the boot drive back to the SSD and re-started. The PC tried to repair the SSD to no avail. So the blue screen of death was the SSD going after about 15 months of use. Not great considering the old mechanical drive is still going well after about 7 years, albeit a bit slow.
Software to clone HD to this SSD not quite straight forward (so lost a star there). Software didn't recognize the drive when installed on one of the SATA ports for HDD. I had to switch it to a USB SATA port to get it to be seen. Bizarre. Cloned HDD easily there after. I then reconfigured motherboard and installed this SSD as my primary drive. Worked OK there after. Lots of messing about and head scratching up to there but results well worth it for boot-up speed.
Update: Almost on its 1 year anniversary the thing died on me. Won't by Crucial again. From 4* to 1*. I'd give it zero if I could.