|Product Dimensions||6 x 3.2 x 9.8 cm; 90.7 Grams|
|Manufacturer recommended age||12 years and up|
|Item model number||1096|
|Educational Objective(s)||Not available|
|Number of Game Players||2+|
|Number of pieces||80|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
Brain Elixir After-Dinner Riddles: The Brain-Teasing Pocket-Sized Card Game to Stimulate Your Brain – Card Games for Adults, Teens, Kids - Dinner Party Games - Traditional Games
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Age range (description)||12 years to 99 years|
|Number of players||2+|
|Style||Kill boredom with these beautifully-packaged, easy-to-learn, brain-teasing games.|
About this item
- Brain Elixir After-Dinner Riddles is Clarendon’s best-selling game from the Miracle Medicine Range. Stimulate your brain and challenge your friends with 80 fun riddles for adults and teenagers alike!
- It takes no time to learn – simply draw the top card of the Brain Elixir deck and read out the riddle. Don’t turn it over! The answer is on the back. The first to guess the correct answer wins the card. Have the next player draw a new card and continue…
- Brain Elixir is the perfect game for after dinner, a family gathering, a party, or for travel. It is no bigger than a large matchbox – a pocket size injection of fun into any situation!
- Ages 12+ (unless you have some really bright sparks!), for 2 or more players. Just as fun in a big group as it is played as a couple.
- Part of the Miracle Medicine set: 5 head-scratchingly shout-outy enjoyable after dinner games from Clarendon. Guaranteed to cure the affliction of boredom! Clarendon Games is a London-based independent publisher of lively and light-hearted board and card games that bring people together and make them laugh. All of our games are easily transported and beautifully packaged, so are perfect as gifts or to display at home.
Consider a similar item
not appropriate for children under the age of 3
What's it all About?
Lateral thinking questions to energise your brain! After Dinner Riddles is the best boredom killer for friends and family, whether you are having a few drinks together, whiling away a lazy Sunday afternoon, or even in the midst of a long journey
Cerebral Embrocation Guaranteed
80 brain-teasing riddles to get you thinking outside the box, such as:
- What belongs to you but others use it more than you do?
- What loses its head in the morning and gets it back at night?
How to Play
It could not be simpler. Shuffle the cards and place them in the centre of the table. Pick a person to read the first riddle out loud, repeating it once if necessary. This player may not answer the riddle themselves. The first player to call out the correct answer wins the card. If no one can solve the riddle, the card is placed at the bottom of the pack.
Play proceeds in a clockwise direction. The first player to collect three cards is the winner!
Compete with your friends to see who can get the answer first:
- If the day after the day before yesterday was Monday, and the day before the day after tomorrow is Wednesday, what day is it today?
Get ready to put your brain to the test with Brain Elixir After Dinner Riddles. Great for an adult board games night, or as a game for teenagers and adults alike, Clarendon Games are passionate about bringing people together and putting smiles on their faces.
The Important Bits
- 80 cards
- 2+ players, Ages 12+
- 20 minutes to play, 2 minutes to learn
- First to 3 cards wins
- Lateral thinking is a must!
Part of the Miracle Medicines Range
The perfect games to entertain friends and family after dinner, Clarendon Games' Miracle Medicines will bring you together and put a smile on your face. Easy to learn, quick to play, and providing the perfect cure for boredom, there are four others to choose from:
- Lyrical Liniment Word Merge
- Merriment Mixture Categories Game
- Cunning Concoction Bluff Trivia
- Laughter Tonic Where's the Word?
Head of Marketing
Describe your products in 3 words?
Light-hearted, lively fun!
"How did you come up with the idea for this product?
Will quit his full-time job in product development for a skincare brand to design board games. Confident that people were looking for different ways to entertain themselves, Will understood that board games bring people together and make them laugh. This is the backbone of every product Clarendon Games creates.
The Miracle Medicine range began when I decided I wanted to create a series of after-dinner games that are easy to carry around and quick to play. After-Dinner Riddles are designed to be a fun challenge for those times that you and your friends need a bit of entertainment. I collected these riddles from all over the place, even coming up with a few myself!
What makes your product special?
We make light-hearted, lively party games. From hilarious shout-outy games to adult party games, we have you covered. We keep the rules simple and easy to grasp, so you and your friends don't need to waste time digging through rulebooks. Beautifully packaged, easily transported, fun, fast-paced games with no fiddly bits — they’re perfect for after-dinner amusement or to while away a Sunday with friends.
I love the look of the Miracle Medicine games - the artist I worked with did a fantastic job at capturing the Victorian medicine style, which I think is a great flavour for these games. Riddles is great because it's so conceptually simple while also being a really satisfying challenge - there's a reason it's the most popular one in the range!
What has been the best part of your experience?
Being your own boss. Designing and play-testing new games, and seeing them go from concept to finished product on the shelf. Demonstrating games for people and getting a great reaction and, of course, hearing stories about people getting overly competitive at Christmas!
Building Clarendon from the ground up, Will cold-called major retailers from his home and pitched the concepts, and the retailers were hooked. To date, Clarendon has launched 17 board and card game titles and sold over 300,000 copies worldwide. The games are stocked from major retailers to independent stores across the world, and of that we are really proud.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 28 November 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
By KT on 28 November 2020