|Product Dimensions||47 x 32 x 15 cm; 8 Kilograms|
|Item model number||100427933|
|Pet Life Stage||All Life Stages|
|Flavor||Hygiene Litter 20L|
|Item Form||CATSAN Hygiene Cat Litter 20L|
|Size||20 l (Pack of 1)|
|Number of Items||1|
|Care Instructions||Keep in a Dry Place|
|Storage Information||Store in a dry place.|
|Specific Uses||Toilet Training|
|External Testing Certification||Grüner Punkt - ARA (Verpackungskennzeichen)|
|Item Weight||8 kg|
Unlock 15% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every two weeks to once every six months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Catsan Hygiene Plus Cat Litter, with white hygiene granules to prevent odours, 20 L
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Material||Quarts & Limestone|
About this item
- Catsan Hygiene Plus Litter is a good choice for you and your feline friend, thanks to the active ingredients which prevent the growth of bacteria, helping your cat litter tray stay hygienic
- Each granule of Catsan Hygiene Cat Litter ensures reliable and long lasting odour control, absorbing liquids and locking away moisture before odours can develop
- Catsan Hygiene Cat Litter has very low dust when poured out of the bag, and ensures long lasting odour control without the addition of fragrances that might upset your cat
- Cleanup is easy and simple with Catsan Hygiene Cat Litter, to ensure that your feline friend stays clean and healthy, remove the solid faeces daily for continued odour control and a clean environment
- Items delivered: Catsan Hygiene non-clumping Cat Litter for adult cats and kittens 20L
Customer ratings by feature
What's in the box?
From the manufacturer
|CATSAN Hygiene||CATSAN Smart Pack||CATSAN Natural||CATSAN Ultra|
|Key Ingredient||Mineral (natural quartz sand and lime)||Mineral (natural quartz sand and lime)||Biodegradable Wheat Byproduct (non-food)||Clumping Clay|
|Weight (grams per liter)||491||491||556||981|
|High Performance Odour Control||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Natural Raw Materials||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Kitten||✓||✓||✓|
|Convenient Litter Tray Liner Included||✓|
Please fill the litter box with Cat litter to a depth of min. 5 cm. Remove the solid waste individually every day.Change litter completely on a regular basis. If you have under-floor heating, please put insulating material under the litter box.
Please be aware that unless expressly indicated otherwise, product packaging may vary from what is shown on this listing. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our listing. Please always read the labels, warning and directions provided before using or consuming the product.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 November 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 7 November 2020
It is one of the best for keeping the smell down, sometimes I don’t even realise the cats have been to the loo! The wooden pellets had a weird scent and made the house smell of CAT but with this that’s gone. Sticking to this from now on. Tesco have their own version although cheaper is dusty and far messier!
If you have cats then get used to the fact there will be some mess left behind
In terms of scent it’s the best litter I’ve ever used, you cannot smell a thing with it. However, this is its only good point. When it gets wet it turns into a slop, like tapioca consistency. It’s awful! It’s so difficult to clean out, it stuck to the scoop and I had to keep scrubbing it clean. It seems the only way to not have to scoop it out is to just empty out the entire thing every day, but at £20 a bag it is very expensive!
Also after the cat has used it once he won’t use it again, can’t blame him really, he is getting pee pudding all over his paws. So he’s taken to peeing round the house :( so I will not be buying this again. It was so expensive too, not very pleased!
The litter consists of natural quartz sand and chalk, which gives it its distinct white colour. According to the Catsan literature, thousands of micropores on the surface of the litter rapidly absorb moisture, a bit like tiny sponges, safely locking it in.
You can scoop the poop out without taking a lot of litter with it. Due to the nature of the litter, the pop was not sealed completely leaking some odour. But it did a good job for the urine, very little odour leaked out. Once the litter gets wet with urine, it becomes slightly discoloured and crumbly, so dirty litter is easy to spot.
Things I like -
- Clean chalky white colour
- Managed to keep the smell down
- My cats love them
Things I don’t like -
- Cats tend to kick the litter out of the box
- It doesn’t clump
- It can be dusty when you pour the litter on the tray
It's clay based. It's the right texture. It soaks up wonderfully.
I scoop once a day with this and change the entire litter once a week.
It is cost effective.
HOWEVER, I do sometimes feel clumping litter would be a better option - this is because I'd be able to ensure the second my kitten wees I'll be able to throw out the 'clump'. What happens with this litter is, the wee just gets soaked up (turning the litter in that area grey) and so this essentially means it stays there soaked up by the litter for days and days until I change the litter itself!
Overall I'm sticking to this because kitten loves it. If you're into the clumping stuff Catsan does a clumping version of this too. A little more pricey, seems good but never tried it before.
Hope this helps future buyers
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 March 2020