|Product Dimensions||2.9 x 10.8 x 21.6 cm; 380 Grams|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
|Item model number||939-001682|
|Series||A50 Wireless + Base Station - Xbox One/PC|
|Hardware Platform||PC, Gaming Console|
|Are Batteries Included||Yes|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||3.7 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||Batteries contained in equipment|
|Number Of Lithium Ion Cells||1|
|Number of Lithium Metal Cells||1|
|Item Weight||380 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £17.49
- WHAT'S COVERED: Immediate protection against accidental damage, along with cover for breakdowns and faults not covered by the seller/manufacturer warranty.
- 99% CLAIMS ACCEPTED (avg. Aug-21 to Jul-22): Upon a successful claim, if your product can't be repaired it will either be replaced or we'll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- NO ADDED COSTS: No excess to pay or any charges for postage, parts, labour or callout.
- CANCEL ANYTIME: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms by following the links provided. Cover is for UK residents aged 18 years and over.
ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Gaming Headset + Charging Base Station, Game/Voice Balance Control, 2.4 GHz Wireless, 15 m Range, for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, Mac - Black/Gold
Enhance your purchase
|Age range (description)||Adult|
|Series||A50 Wireless + Base Station - Xbox One/PC|
|Included components||1.0-m (3.3-ft) micro USB cable, 1.0-m (3.3-ft) optical cable, Quickstart guide, A50 Wireless Gaming Headset + Base Station, Dolby Atmos 2-year activation code See more|
|Specific uses for product||Gaming|
|Noise control||Sound Isolation|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ASTRO Audio V2 : By providing a precise and smooth frequency spectrum, ASTRO Audio V2 delivers crisp highs, controlled mids and distortion-free bass for clear dialogue, music and in-game sound
- Dolby Audio headphones : Immerse yourself in the game thanks to cinematic, high-resolution audio and sound directionality that give you a competitive advantage. Requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Mac
- Dolby Atmos (available for Xbox version only): Spatial audio frees game sounds from channel restrictions, allowing it to move in a three-dimensional space, including above and below the listener
- Game : Voice Balance : You have total control over your game and chat audio by using the controls built into your headset
- ASTRO Command Centre Software : Enhance your control of voice communication and audio settings by fine-tuning every input and output parameter to the specific needs of your gaming environment
- 15+ hours of battery life : The rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts for over 15 hours of gameplay
- Works with Xbox Series X|S with a required firmware update to enable game and voice audio over USB
Compare with similar items
| || |
ASTRO Gaming A50 Wireless Gaming Headset + Gen 3 Base Station for PS4 & PC - Black/Blue (with Dolby Surround Sound)
ASTRO Gaming A40 TR Wired Gaming Headset + MixAmp Pro Gen 3 for PS4 & PC - Black (with Dolby Sound)
PlayStation 5 DualSense Charging Station
Xbox Series X
|Sold By||Nazdale Traders||JHBT LTD||Resourcing World LTD||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Hardware Platform||PC, Gaming Console||Gaming Console, PC||Gaming Console||playstation_5||xbox_series_x|
|Platform||PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Mac OS X, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3, Windows||Windows, PlayStation 4||PlayStation 4, Windows||PlayStation 5||Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S|
From the manufacturer
Experience absolute audio immersion. The a50 wireless + base station for xbox one/pc delivers the premium acoustics, ergonomics, comfort and durability that gamers demand.
What's in the box?
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
PRODUCT CERTIFICATIONS (2)
Carbon neutral certified by SCS Global Services enables companies to demonstrate carbon neutrality for their products by reducing carbon emissions throughout their operations and offsetting their remaining carbon footprint through the purchase of carbon credits. SCS Global Services is a global leader in third-party environmental and sustainability veriﬁcation, certiﬁcation, auditing, testing and standards development. SCS is a chartered beneﬁt corporation, reﬂecting its commitment to socially and environmentally responsible business practices.
CarbonNeutral product certification follows a recognised global framework, The CarbonNeutral Protocol, which lays out how to measure, reduce and offset the carbon emissions created when products are made. We believe that companies should reduce all their emissions and The Protocol, which is publicly available, shows them how to do that. The Protocol is developed and managed by climate finance and carbon neutrality experts Natural Capital Partners.
Focus on sustainability
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 17 July 2020
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-Setup seems so simple... but is far from. The software is extremely basic. You cannot choose between studio, 5.1, 7.1 dolby. Im assuming you are stuck with 7.1. This is coded so badly that all you will hear in game is your own footsteps. The microphone and software even when synced to headset will lose your settings. The microphone plays through the headset. When you change this in the settings it will constantly forget your settings when you put down your headset.
- You need on Pc to connect the USB and optical just to get some sort of volume in game. You also need to get Dolby access... another £14.00 just to adjust the sound output/ improve it slightly. I actually needed help from my friend who is a sound engineer just to make the ingame sound and mic barely usable.
I would genuinely advise anyone looking for a gaming headset to go with a good senheisser or high quality studio headphones with a soundcard for this price rather than buying what is the equivelant of a £20 piece of rubbish. To put this in perspective as a gamer how bad they are... In Counterstrike Go.. I play At A rank ESEA and Global Elite for the past 5 years consistantly. The sound quality and volume were so bad I actually managed to derank 2 ranks for the first time because you cannot hear a thing volume wise and the 7.1/5.1 is so bad you cannot gauge direcion accurately. It is the same for Battlefield 5, Pubg and Dota 2. If you are serious about soud/ gaming performance DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!
I read the reviews below and finally took a chance on this headset despite the negative feedback. I am very glad I did.
Out the box this product works right away with some default settings installed to rotate through 3 x EQ settings. You just plug into your Xbox and you're away. In all honesty though if you paid this much for a headset, you're going to want to customise it.
For a higher level of configuration you do need to plug it into a pc to install updates it seems, and a windows 10 PC at that. I mention this because not everyone would have a windows 10 PC or access to it. Top tip, even if you have a spare, you should use the micro usb cable that comes with the product to install the update on PC, otherwise it may fail. I wasted a little time in the setup process as I did have to contact customer support to help me through this, so hopefully this helps someone.
Once this is done then connect back to your xbox one and claim the free 2 x years Dolby Atmos that comes in the box, and install the EQ Command Centre App from Xbox store.
It's worth noting why I mention the above however in a review, as the product could do with this spelling out a little clearer in a simpler instruction booklet -however it's far from complex.
From this point you can configure settings direct on the Xbox and save profiles etc. This process is a little more complex as it involves saving sound profiles underneath file names. I would say the user interface here could be improved to make the process of what your doing a little easier. Some sort of example on screen or in the box to show you steps would be great as an improvement, and make it easier to use for novices.
Another useful feature would be that the updates install direct through Xbox rather than requiring the PC update system.
I bought this product because other brand names had let me down for performance. I may have gotten "bad units" out the box I suppose, and if that is the case then I am very unlucky. I was also interested in both Dolby Atmos and being able to customise the sound stage to a high degree. I have not been let down here as when configured the sound is amazing and does a superb job at surround sound recreation.
All in all I gave this product 4 stars for sounding great, having lots of customisation options, and the customer support I have received to help me through setup has been quick and effecient. I gave a bonus star for lack of interference on the wireless connection. I read loads of reviews before this and I think that they cast an unfair picture for this headset. I would buy again right away without hesitation if I needed another set.
The improvements I would like to see to get it to 5 stars without the bonus star, would be updates through xbox directly, a better user interface for the xbox app with a working example how to adjust and save profiles.