|Product Dimensions||6.98 x 10 x 0.68 cm; 47 Grams|
|Item model number||ASU630SS-240GQ-R|
|Form Factor||6.35 cm (2.5 inches)|
|RAM Size||240 GB|
|Hard Drive Size||240 GB|
|Hard Disk Description||Solid State Hard Drive|
|Hard Drive Interface||Solid State|
|Are Batteries Included||No|
|Item Weight||47 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Add Extra Protection? Check if this cover meets your needs
from London General Insurance Company Ltd. £1.89
- From the moment your product’s delivered it will be covered for accidental damage and any mechanical/electrical faults not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Cover is for UK residents who are over 18 years old.
- No added costs when making a claim; no excess to pay or any charges for parts, labour or callout.
- Easy to make a claim by phone or email. If your product can’t be repaired, it will either be replaced or we’ll issue an Amazon e-gift card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel anytime: Full refund within 45 days if no claim has been made, pro-rated refund thereafter less claim costs.
- For full product description, please read the Insurance Product Information Document and policy terms and conditions by following the link(s) provided. Please note that another insurance product which has different terms might be available on our website when accessed on a laptop or desktop PC.
ADATA Ultimate SU630 240GB Solid State Drive, black
- Choose from over 20,000 locations across the UK
- FREE unlimited deliveries at no additional cost for all customers
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enhance your purchase
|Digital storage capacity||240 GB|
|Hard disk interface||Solid State|
|Connectivity technology||USB, SATA|
|Special feature||Maximum temperature: 0 - 70 °C|
|Hard disk form factor||2.5 Inches|
|Hard disk description||Solid State Hard Drive|
|Installation type||Internal Hard Drive|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 3D QLC SSD ? High capacity without breaking the bank: ideal upgrade for users looking to make the switch from HDD to SSD
- Performance boost with dynamic SLC Caching: reach read/write speeds of up to 520/450Mbps for smoother and Faster boot, file transfers, and downloads
- Improved data integrity: the SU630 can detect and fix errors to ensure data integrity and thus enjoy an extended lifespan
- Tougher, quieter, more reliable: with No mechanical components, SSDs are more resilient than HDDs
- Ssd Toolbox and Migration utility: manage the SU630, with drive status, wear level, and lifespan information
From the manufacturer
ADATA Technology Co. was founded in May 2001 by Simon Chen, who is the company's CEO and CEO today. ADATA's mission is to provide world-class storage solutions that enrich the digital life of customers. The integrity and professionalism of the company have made ADATA the leading brand of memory products with the most award-winning product designs.
Perfect for switching from an HDD to SSD
If you’re looking to replace that HDD of yours with an SSD, look no further than the ADATA SU630. The SSD is built with next-generation QLC 3D NAND Flash to offer amazing value and great performance. It also comes with excellent features such as LDPC ECC technology.
- Capacity: 240GB
- Read/Write: 520/450MB/s
- Tougher, Quieter, More Reliable
- SSD Toolbox and Migration Utility to manage the SU630
3D QLC SSD – High Capacity Without Breaking the Bank
Sporting the QLC 3D NAND Flash with 960GB of capacity and an attractive price point, the SU630 is an ideal upgrade for users looking to make the switch from HDD to SSD, whether as storage or a boot drive.
Performance Boost With Dynamic SLC Caching
Featuring dynamic SLC caching, NAND Flash memory operates in single-level cell mode and boosts performance. This allows the SU630 to reach read/write speeds of up to 520/450MBps for smoother and faster boot, file transfers, and downloads.
Improved Data Integrity
With support for LDPC (Low-Density Parity-Check) error correcting code technology, the SU630 can detect and fix errors to ensure data integrity and thus enjoy an extended lifespan.
Compare with similar items
| || |
Kingston SSDNow A400 240GB SATA 3 Solid State Drive (SA400S37/240G), Black
PNY CS900 240GB Internal SSD Series 2.5 SATA III, BLACK
ADATA Ultimate SU800 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD), black
Magix SSD Alpha EVO , SATA III 2.5 Inch 6 Gbps , Read/Write speed up to 500/490 MB/s , 3D NAND , internal (120 GB)
|Data Transfer Rate||6 Gb per second||350 Mb per second||6 Gb per second||560 MB per second||6 Gb per second|
|Digital Storage Capacity||240 GB||240 GB||240 GB||256 GB||120 GB|
|Flash Memory Installed||240||240 GB||240 GB||256 GB||120 GB|
|Hard Disk Size||240 GB||240 GB||240 GB||256 GB||120 GB|
|Item Dimensions||6.98 x 10 x 0.68 cm||10.01 x 0.71 x 6.98 cm||10 x 7 x 0.7 cm||10.03 x 0.71 x 6.98 cm||10 x 7 x 0.9 cm|
|Item Weight||47 grams||40.82 grams||40 grams||45.36 grams||50 grams|
|Memory Storage Capacity||240 GB||240 GB||240 GB||256 GB||120 GB|
|Optical Storage Write Speed||450 MB/s||350||500||520 MB/s||—|
|Read Speed||520 MB per second||500 MB per second||535 MB per second||560 MB per second||500 MB per second|
|Size||240 GB||240 GB||240GB||256 GB||120 GB|
What's in the box?
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 20 January 2022
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
TBW on the 240GB I think is 50TB (higher on greater capacities) extremely poor.
ECC SMART errors within days! QLC Storage is basically cheap rubbish.
Also the temp sensor does not work, giving erratic readings in all SMART programs, poor quality control there for sure. Sometimes shows negative numbers (due to the sensor pushing out garbage).
Pay five quid more and get an BX500 (or a cheap MX), EVO or even a WD Green, vastly superior all of them.
All in all a very cheap solution (£23) to speed up a pc. 240Gb is big enough for windows os and still enough space should you want to put other stuff on it. Always best to have another drive where larger amounts of data can be stored.
Pleased so far.
Tried to go through the Adata support website in order to get a replacement or talk about the issue, but after inputting the info the website started coming up with ads that wouldn't close and when I tried again and refreshed the page, the same issue happened again and again. Also said the website was trying to connect to Facebook for some reason.
Tried on different browsers and devices and the same thing kept happening. Held off on writing a review as I've tried again and again to contact support with no luck.
Wouldn't recommend this to anyone considering it seems to be impossible to connect to the support page if you encounter an issue and it's just money wasted.
But... I'm a "techie" kind of person and I like to play around with these sorts of things, which is where I ran into problems.
1) I tried to dual-boot Ubuntu Linux on my work PC and it kept crashing on start-up, although a few times it crashed before the installation could even start. I've had the same setup before with a Sandisk drive and never had any problems.
2) I tried to upgrade an old Dell OptiPlex and the installation went fine, but the drive would randomly stop being recognised after a restart. The same thing happened on an old HP machine I was refurbishing; reboot once "No Drive", reboot again "Loading Windows". Again, I put in a Sandisk drive and everything was fine.
Now, if you've just got a Windows system from a couple of years ago that came with a slow HDD, then I don't think you'll have any problems upgrading with one of these. Just bear in mind how the extra £5-10 you'll pay for a more reliable brand may be worth it in the end.
Update - used Macrium Reflect software to clone the hard disk and it's genuinely free and which I would recommend! Not like some others which claim are free to use till you hit the clone button then request payment. So don't waste your time like I did on ADATA cloning software. Just download the SSD toolbox. Use Macrium Reflect software instead which works. Uprated to two stars but ADATA need to sort out the cloning software key. Wasn't long ago I installed a Samsung Evo SSD in my desktop computer. Easy install - Samsung SSD in caddy, download and fire up Samsung magician software. Hit the clone button. Job done!
My desktop is quite old now and isn't very powerful however adding this SSD has made such a substantial difference, not only to boot speeds, but overall responsiveness in general. My main drive was previously a 7500RPM HDD, which is faster than most HDDs, and still this is a night and day difference. It now takes a matter of seconds to boot into Windows and once in, programmes and files open instantly. Previously this would take at least a couple minuets. As its solid state, its absolutely silent which also made quite a noticeable improvement in how much noise my PC produced.
Can't go wrong for the price, probably the best price-performance upgrade you can do if you haven't already.