AA Emergency Winter Car Kit AA5281 - Folding Snow Shovel, 9-LED Torch & AA Travel Fleece Blanket AA3423-100% Lightweight Polyester 150cm x 120cm Black White Grey Stripes
Enhance your purchase
- Product 1: WINTER EMERGENCY? This kit helps you cope with many situations
- Product 1: SNOW BOUND? Dig your way out with the compact-but-tough shovel
- Product 1: BE SEEN with an LED torch and a high-visibility vest/waistcoat/jacket
- Product 1: STAY warm and dry with a rain poncho and a foil blanket
- Product 2: Use for trips, picnics, days out, wheelchairs
- Product 2: Great for babies, prams, cribs, Moses baskets, beds
- Product 2: Large and warm but very light at just 322g
- Product 2: Generous size at 1.5m x 1.2m or 60" x 48"
- WINTER EMERGENCY? This kit helps you cope with many situations
- SNOW BOUND? Dig your way out with the compact-but-tough shovel
- BE SEEN with an LED torch and a high-visibility vest/waistcoat/jacket
- STAY warm and dry with a rain poncho and a foil blanket
- PREPARE by keeping this indispensable kit in its canvas bag in the car
- Use for trips, picnics, days out, wheelchairs
- Great for babies, prams, cribs, Moses baskets, beds
- Large and warm but very light at just 322g
- Generous size at 1.5m x 1.2m or 60" x 48"
- With a customer rating of 4.7 out of 5, customers have given it a seal of approval.
AA Emergency Winter Car Kit AA5281 - Folding Snow Shovel, 9-LED Torch, Foil Blanket, Hi-Vis Vest, Rain Poncho, Booster Cables, Pair Snow Grips
The AA Emergency Winter Car Kit is essential if you want to be prepared for this winter. Comes in a handy storage bag to stow easily in the boot of your car. The folding shovel is compact but strong enough to tackle thick snow with a pair of snow and ice grips, to ensure you remain safe in wintery conditions. A Hi-Vis jacket ensures other motorists can see you and a handy torch to help you see and be seen on those cold dark nights. The foil blanket will help keep you warm should you need to wait for rescue. This kit also includes a rain poncho plus a set of fully insulated booster cables in case of emergencies.
WHAT IS IT?
The ‘Emergency Winter Car Kit’ is a comprehensive set of vital products that allow you to be fully prepared in the case of any unexpected events on the road.
WHY DO YOU NEED IT?
When you have a roadside emergency in the winter: flat tyre, breakdown, accident, comfort stop. You will need to remain visible, stay dry, keep warm, be ready for a jump start, be able to remove ice and snow without slipping up.
Reflective Emergency Jacket
9 LED Torch
Snow cleats for your feet
Canvas Carry Bag
AA Travel Fleece Blanket AA3423 - 100% Lightweight Polyester 150cm x 120cm Black White Grey Stripes
The AA Travel Fleece Blanket is super soft and warm, ideal for travelling, camping or just keeping in the car. It is 100% polyester and is machine washable for easy maintainance.
Super-soft and warm
Ideal for picnics, camping and travelling
Stylish and lightweight
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 October 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This marketing I found highly misleading and not up to the standards I would expect of Amazon or the AA.
By Minto clan on 11 October 2018
Rest of the kit seems ok.
-BOTH PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM AND FULFILLED BY AMAZONUK-
I've never understood why so few people in the UK have things like this in their vehicles, as with a fire extinguisher... you might never need it but you'll regret not having it if you do.
Both products don't take up much of any space in the boot, they have velcro on the bags which prevents them from sliding around all over the place (which also means it keeps my mini refrigerator from doing the same).
They are good standard little kits, all self-contained inside the bag and fits inside the car without taking up much space, the bags are bright yellow and easy to see.
If you're a newer driver, like myself (I only got my licence in 2018) then it's a good standard go-to set of kits for you.
Better to be prepared and not use it than to be unprepared and need it.
For what you get though, you can tell the overall quality is good. The shovel has a good weight to it and whilst it may not last many years of service, it will last you during a moment of crisis or two and beyond. It all fits into a nicely sized pack which won't get in the way in even the smallest of boots. Highly recommend.
Initial breakdown kit was ok however I purchased a Euro Travel kit for another vehicle. Out of this kit the bulbs were useless as none of them fit a modern day car. The first aid kit was barely sufficient enough to treat one person with a splinter, not multiple casualties at an RTC.
If you're after something to stop yourself getting a penalty in the EU this won't help as it's missing the all important breathalyser required in France. False advertising!
Let's just hope we don't need to rely on this kit in an emergency situation.
Fortunately I've got additional kit to fill the gaps but the AA should be a more responsible here. The only useful items are the GB sticker, light reflectors and high vis jacket. All of which can be purchased at a fraction of the cost.