|Product Dimensions||16.9 x 47.4 x 17 cm; 3.16 Kilograms|
|Batteries||3 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|Item model number||5060114610651|
|Manufacturer part number||5060114610651|
|Item Weight||3.16 kg|
Other Sellers on Amazon
AA Car Essentials 5060114610651 Emergency Breakdown Kit
The Was Price is the median selling price paid by customers for a product on Amazon.co.uk (excluding promotional prices). For Amazon Fresh offers the Was Price is calculated as the median price offered locally for at least 7 days of the last 90 days (excluding promotional prices).
|You Save:||£3.96 (13%)|
Enhance your purchase
- Essential kit for the car
- AA Branded zipped storage bag
- Includes foot pump, tow rope (complies with BS AU187 standard) and jump leads (3.0m length, fully insulated, for vehicles up to 2500cc, complies with BS AU237a standard)
- Also includes a warning triangle (EC approved), hi-grip cotton gloves and a 9-led torch
From the manufacturer
Don't Leave Home Without an AA Car Kit
The AA offers a comprehensive range of essential Car Kits that make it easier to deal with vehicle breakdowns, adverse weather conditions or road accidents.
Each of the kits has it's own focus whilst enabling you to stay safe: Winter, France, EU, Emergency, Breakdown.
Each of the kits includes a handy storage bag ideal for the boot of the car.
|Emergency Breakdown Kit||Winter Car Kit||Emergency Winter Car Kit||French Travel Kit||Vehicle Breakdown Safety Kit Plus||Euro Travel Kit|
|Tow Rope & Tyre Inflator or Foot Pump||✓||-||-||-||✓||-|
|UK Sticker & Headlamp Beam Converters||-||-||✓||✓||-||✓|
|Snow Shovel & Foil Blanket||-||✓||✓||-||-||-|
|First Aid Kit & Bulb Kit||-||-||-||-||-||✓|
|Other||Gloves||-||Snow Cleats & Rain Poncho||Breathalyser||Glass Hammer||EU Driver's Handbook & M20/Kent Map|
- French legal requirement since July 2012
- Patented crystals inside the tube change colour from yellow to green in the presence of alcohol
- Shows alcohol levels within 2 minutes
- Blow sample bag for precise deep lung and breath volume samples
- Clear and easy to use
Headlamp Beam Benders
- For EU/ continental driving
- Detailed fitting for over 800 vehicles
- Upgraded performance for Xenon/HID headlamps
- Prevents headlight hotspots using heat mirror foils
- Suitable for all petrol & diesel vehicles up to 3000cc/3L
- Comply with BS AU 237a EU standard
- Copper coated 3m cable
- Fully insulated colour coded clamps
- Storage bag with handle
Carrying a hazard warning triangle is a compulsory requirement in many EU countries.
- Heavy duty material to ensure sturdiness in strong winds
- Conforms to EU std ECE R27
- Carry box for transportation & storage
Folding Snow Shovel
This folding snow shovel is a must-have for winter months and is also great for camping use.
- Folds to a very compact size
- Solid steel construction
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Includes storage pouch
Snow and ice cleats that attach to the underside of your footwear, providing essential grip to help prevent falls.
Tyre Inflator/Air Compressor
- Compact & light - ideal for travel
- 4 inch flexible air hose
- 3m power cord
- PSI, BAR and KPA settings
- Max pressure 80PSI
- 12V socket adaptor
- Internal LED light
- Easy to attach to valve
- Includes adaptors for inflatables, such as sport balls and air beds
Glass Hammer/Seatbelt Cutter
In a road accident, this invaluable tool can be used to shatter windscreen glass with ease and to cut through seatbelts enabling you to escape from the vehicle.
- Glass hammer
- Seat belt cutter
- Holder to secure to vehicle
- Can be mounted to the floor of your vehicle - fittings provided
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 11 October 2018
Reviews with images
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This marketing I found highly misleading and not up to the standards I would expect of Amazon or the AA.
By Minto clan on 11 October 2018
Rest of the kit seems ok.
-BOTH PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM AND FULFILLED BY AMAZONUK-
I've never understood why so few people in the UK have things like this in their vehicles, as with a fire extinguisher... you might never need it but you'll regret not having it if you do.
Both products don't take up much of any space in the boot, they have velcro on the bags which prevents them from sliding around all over the place (which also means it keeps my mini refrigerator from doing the same).
They are good standard little kits, all self-contained inside the bag and fits inside the car without taking up much space, the bags are bright yellow and easy to see.
If you're a newer driver, like myself (I only got my licence in 2018) then it's a good standard go-to set of kits for you.
Better to be prepared and not use it than to be unprepared and need it.
For what you get though, you can tell the overall quality is good. The shovel has a good weight to it and whilst it may not last many years of service, it will last you during a moment of crisis or two and beyond. It all fits into a nicely sized pack which won't get in the way in even the smallest of boots. Highly recommend.
Initial breakdown kit was ok however I purchased a Euro Travel kit for another vehicle. Out of this kit the bulbs were useless as none of them fit a modern day car. The first aid kit was barely sufficient enough to treat one person with a splinter, not multiple casualties at an RTC.
If you're after something to stop yourself getting a penalty in the EU this won't help as it's missing the all important breathalyser required in France. False advertising!
Let's just hope we don't need to rely on this kit in an emergency situation.
Fortunately I've got additional kit to fill the gaps but the AA should be a more responsible here. The only useful items are the GB sticker, light reflectors and high vis jacket. All of which can be purchased at a fraction of the cost.